Welcome to Despair (Prologue Part 3)

As I stepped inside I heard a voice from behind.

Mondo: God, I had no idea this Hope's Peak Academy place was gonna be such a pain in my balls. It really ain't that much different from the time I spent in juvie. Hell, this place is even worse!

Sayaka: And why isn't there anyone here? Walking through the halls, I didn't see a single person... 

Junko: Isn't that like, seriously not good?

Taka: Th-They're just trying to spook us! They'll take those metal plates down later, I'm sure of it... 

Sakura: All we can do now is hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. 

Mondo: Well hell, it ain't like I'm scared or nothin'. Let's just get this over with! Hey! Where's whoever called us here!?

He then rushed inside the gym. Taka went after him warning him about running. Sakura also entered.  Hifumi ran after her. I stood there. Kyoko, Sayaka, Junko, Makoto and I were the only ones that stayed behind. I walked noticed the awards and took a mental note of it. We all decided to finally go in at once. 

As we entered something was waiting for us. 

Makoto: Oh. It really does look like and entrance ceremony... 

Yasuhiro: See? Told ya! It's totally normal entrance ceremony stuff.

Everything felt out of place. I wasn't sure why, but I was sure of one thing. That this was anything but normal.

Then we heard that same voice from earlier.

???: Hey there, howdy, hello! Is everyone here? Good! Then let's get things rolling! 

For the first time here, my expression was visibly confused. On the stage was... a teddy bear? 

Chihiro: Huh? A... teddy bear?

Monokuma: I'm not a teddy bear! I... am... Monokuma! And I am this school's headmaster! 

From all the thing I was excpecting, that wasn't part of them. Standing infront of us was the headmaster. I harldy believed that even if it seemed it was the truth. 

Monokuma: Nice to meet you all! 

I wasn't even sure what to think. My eyes fell back to the indifference I had put on.  My mask was hiding all ounce of emotions. This strange feeling I had, it seemed I was right. 

Hifumi: Wh-? Waaaaaah! That teddy bear can talk!

Taka: Calm down! I'm sure there's just a speaker inside it.

Monokuma: I told you already, I'm not a teddy bear... I'm Monokuma! And I'm your headmaster!

Hifumi: Waaaaah! It moved! 

Mondo: Seriously man, calm down! It's prolly just a remote control toy or somethin'.

I stared at the bear, it must be "or somethin'" because I never seen something so articulate, yet not human.

Monokuma: How dare you compare me to a child's plaything! You've cut me deep. Deeper than the Mariana Trench... My remote control system is so complex, even the folks at NASA can't recreat or even comprehend it! Ah, but don't make me say stuff that might destroy NASA's dreams, I just couldn't BEAR that!

Celeste: "Bear" that? Really? You are... infortunate. 

Monokuma: Now then, moving on! We really must hurry and get started...