Welcome to Despair (Prologue Part 1)

Here it was. Hope's Peak Academy. Asutoraru was a bit nervous. It was a new situation that she wasn't sure how to approach. She was standing in front of the school that guarantees success in life. She comes from a family where hard work is important.  Usually, she tend to preserve a neutral expression; however, a small smile was visible on her face. It meant so much to have the opportunity to attend this school. She did her research a bit about her classmates the night prior, though some of them weren't classified. She wasn't listed either, but it's fine. She looked at her phone. It was early, but it's always better to be early than late.

"You can't stand here expecting something to happen. You eventually have to go inside." I told myself.

She took a deep breath and walked towards the main hall. The room was really elegant. Nothing less than expected. She glanced at the clock which indicated 7:20 a.m. It was pretty early. She stood for a while looking around the room. She decided to stroll around the first floor. She was an official student after all so it shouldn't be a problem. As she took a step out of the main hall, a lot of was going through her mind, she was hoping for several things.

But then, everything went blank. It felt as if everything was leaving her. Everything...

...

I felt my head throbbing. I slowly opened my eyes. As I look a round my eyes stopped on something on the desk I fell asleep on. A brochure? I took it and start flipping through it .The quality of it was childish. I stuffed it into the pocket of my blaser. 

For the first time, I actually took a look at my surroundings. The first thing I noticed was the giant metal plates covering the windows. I got up from my seat to examine them. They were pretty solid. I don't think anyone could break through these. I noticed the camera. I walked towards it and took a better look. I didn't think of anything, but I did have a strange feeling about this. This whole situation was rather... odd. I had nothing else really to look for. I glanced at the clock and noticed the time. It indicated 7:30 a.m. Even if this situation was out of the ordinary, I shouldn't be late. I took a last look at the classrom and opened the door to enter and even creepier hallway.

As I walked in the direction of the main hall, this bad feeling of mine grew stronger. I noticed multiple cameras on my way there. Faster than I imagined I was infront of the doorway. I took a step in to notice that already five people, which I came to the conclusions that they were my classmates, were standing there. They were all looking at me. I was confused about the whole situation. As soon as I arrived I was met with a guy which seemed to be way to enthusiastic.

Taka: My name is Kiyotaka Ishimaru! Call me Taka. I'm the Ultimate Moral Compass and it's going to be pleasure having you as a classmate. 

I stared at him for a bit.

Taka: Perhaps could I have your name?

Asu: My name is Asutoraru Supiritto, but call me Asu.

Taka: Can you take your maks off. It would be more polite you know-

Asu: I can't. 

I simply walked behind him to tell him that I didn't want to pursue the conversation. 

Taka: Wait, I don't know your Ultimate yet! 

Asu: I don't need to tell you that do I? 

Taka: Well no, but I hoped we could at least try to act as civilised classmates.

Asu: I'm not opposed to that idea, I simply rather keep my Ultimate for myself at the moment, it's nothing personnal simply a choice I am making. 

I felt the eyes of my future classmates on me, but I didn't care. He focused on the other girl that was coming by the door. I looked around at my classmates.

The first person I had noticed was a girl. It was hard to not to notice her. Her style was eye catching. The drill on both side of her head, the dress and overhall her whole body language. She seemed to be calmed. I wasn't fooled by the appearance however. If I was able to contain my emotions, then others were also able to do the same. She reminded me of someone... I couldn't put my finger on it. I hadn't realise I was starring at her. She was looking at me with a perfect poker face. I looked away and glanced at someone else.

This student, however, I recongnised them. I remeber reading about their sucess in computers. Chihiro Fujisaki is known for her impressive skills with computers. She was shorter than I imagined she would be. Even if she is a petite girl, her talent is not to be underestimated. She is after all a prodigy in programing.

I glanced over at Taka. He seemed to be uptight with rules. I better follow the rules around him or I'll probably get speech from him. I glanced over at someone else.

I also recongnised this person, Junko Enoshima. If you didn't recongnised her than there would be a problem. She is everywhere. Except the fact that she seemed less confident and had defnitely more freckles, I didn't noticed anything about her. Her strawberry blonde hair put up in pigtails was the same as the magazine. We all know photoshop exists, so I came to the conclusion that it must be why she looks slightly different.

I took a look at the last student. I didn't noticed her at first. When I took a better look at her, I felt something. We looked a lot like each other. Same height, same hair and eye colour and we both had that neutral expression on our face. She wasn't looking at me, but looking at the floor lost in her thoughts. She must have noticed I was staring at her because she took her eyes off the floor to place her gaze directly into mine. We both looked at each other. Though nothing changed on our faces, we were both confused. I looked away and pushed the thought aside. A coincidence probably.

The girl that had come in earlier while Taka was talking to me had her hair  up in a ponytail and she seemed very energetic. She greeted us all and stood behind the gothic lolita. 

Not long after, students were walking in. We were now 15 students in this room. I heard a couple of them asking the same question as I when I entered. I was looking at the floor. I was lost in my thoughts. They weren't specific, but somehow it felt empty. I felt as if there was nothing to remember. All though my tought process was cut short by the entry of the last student.