The final sacrifice (Chapter 6 part 3)

Kyoko: Looks like we're back... But I can't believe how long that ladder was. I'm exhausted... 

Makoto: Guys, thank you. I never would've gotten out of there without you.

Kyoko: Not thanks necessary. I was just returning the favour.

Makoto: So... now what do we do? I'm glad I didn't die, of course, but if the mastermind finds out... And I'm worried about you two, you helped me, so they might...

Kyoko: You're worried?

Makoto: Y-Yeah, of course.

Kyoko: Then let's just get a concrete answer.

Makoto: Huh...?

Athea: Let's ask Monokuma if there's a problem with you escaping.

Makoto: W-Wait, that's-! 

Kyoko: If we try to hide, it's only a matter of time till we're found out. And it's not like we can run away. 

As she said that, she pointed at the nearby surveillance camera. 

Makoto: So you're saying rather than stressing out over getting caught, we should just give up now?

Kyoko: Don't worry. What you think is going to happen, isn't. Because the mastermind is the one that's ensnared.

Makoto: You said something like that before. What does it mean...?

Kyoko: The mastermind stood exposed during the investigation into Mukuro's death. There was a moment where the mastermind let their guard down.

Makoto: There was...?

Kyoko: If we can talk to Monokuma, we can confirm it. And it'll be better for us if we go to him directly before he tracks us down. That should help with our negotiations... 

Makoto: But... we don't really have a choice, do we?

Athea: Monokuma should be in the gym, so let's get going.  

The three of us headed to the gym. I was nervous... he must have something planned for me. When I pushed open the door open, I heard his annoying voice. 

Monokuma: Hey hey hey hey hey hey HEY! Kyoko and Athea I don't mind so much. But Makoto's supposed to be dead! What's HE doing here!? You were supposed to be punished! Did Kyoko help you!?

Athea: I came up with the plan to rescue him, blame me for bringing him back.

Monokuma: YOU! You don't know what's coming for ya, but I'll tell ya it's going to be gooooooood!!!!! But I'll repeat the rule because clearly, your brain is not big enough to store it, if the guilty party is exposed during the class trial, they alone will be executed. It's unfortunate, but that *is* the rule... So now I gotta punish him again! And this time I won't leave anything to chance!

Makoto: K-Kyoko...! A-Athea...! 

Kyoko: Do whatever you feel you have to.

Makoto: What!?

Kyoko: But before you do, let me just say one thing. If you execute Makoto, that means you lose. Not that that matters to you, right?

Monokuma: Huh? You! Explain yourself! What do you mean by that!? 

Kyoko: Well you set up this latest class trial yourself, right? I was getting in your way, so you wanted an excuse to kill me. I was supposed to be chosen s the blackened and then executed, right?