To Survive (Chapter 1 Part 8)

I woke up to the announcement making my headache from last night comeback. I looked up to the clock an yet again, I was late. I got ready and headed to the dinning hall. As she got close to the other she decided to listen in before entering.

Taka: I can't believe it! Asu is late AGAIN!

Aoi: Give her a break. She seems to be determined to find an answer, maybe she is looking for clues?

Celeste: Perhaps, but it's not excuse to make us wait.

I walked in the dinning hall like hadn't just heard everything

Taka: You need to get a ahold of yourself and be there on time!

I looked at him.

Sakura: Asu are you okay?

Asu: Of course I am why wouldn't I be.

Celeste: Where is your mask you always wear?

Asu: I didn't feel like wearing it, but don't get used to this.

The room went quiet. I saw Byakuya was about to add something, but he was cut off by Makoto. 

Makoto: Asu have you seen Sayaka? 

I shook my head.

Makoto's face changed colour. He went pale. He mumbled something and ran out to the dorms. 

Asu: Makoto!?

He was already long gone. 

Asu: Damn it.

I ran after him. As soons as I approached his room a scream was heard.

Asu: Makoto!?

I entered the room and found him collapsed infront of the bathroom. I looked inside.

Sayaka was there.... dead. 

I carried him away from the door. The other rushed in looking around the room. 

An announcement was aired. A corpse announcement. 

I pointed to the bathroom. Kyoko walked over and saw her dead body. 

Monokuma: Since it's the first time that a corpse has been discovered, head to the gym! 

The monitor shut off and the silence in the room was unbearable. Someone had killed someone else... The line had been crossed. 

As everyone was panicking, I was focused on Makoto who was still unconscious.

Kyoko: We should head to gym. 

A wave of protest rose when she said that, but quickly enough I shut it down. 

Asu: She's right if we don't listen to bear who know what might happen. Do I have to remind you of the incident of the exploding Monokuma.

What she said sent chills down to everyone spines. 

Asu: As much as it pains me to say this, but we should hear what the bear has to say. With one of our classmate down, we don't know what's going to happen next. We're technically his prisoners. 

Kyoko: Let's head there then. 

Yasuhiro carried Makoto to the gym where we all followed. I put my mask back on my face. Celeste noticed the gesture, but didn't say anything. I stood close to Makoto. I thought about her. I was the last person to held her. I could of helped her... Even if I was so cold and distant she wanted to know me and even broke my wall, but now she was gone. As I was lost in my thoughts Makoto started to move around a bit.

Aoi: Ah! You're awake! Finally! Are you okay?

Mondo: Now's not time for sleeping. Get your ass up!

Makoto: Huh...?

I gave him my hand so he could grab it for support. He did just that and got up stumbling a bit. He made a sign to tell me he was fine and I let go. 

Yasuhiro: You were unconscious, dude. I had to carry you back here. 

Sakura: It's no suprise, considering what happened. 

Makoto: What... happened?

He paused and soon his eyes widen.

Makoto: Saya- Gh! Grraah! 

Aoi: H-Hey, are you okay!? 

Makoto: So it wasn't a dream? 

I shook my head slowly. 

Makoto: So what I saw... It was real...? 

Byakuya: That's right. It really did happen. Sayaka... is dead. 

Makoto then started running towards the door.

Byakuya: Hey, where do you think you're going? 

Makoto: I have to see for myself! I have to see if Sayaka is! If Sayaka is...! 

Byakuya: You can check once, twice, a thousand times. Sayaka is completely and irrevocably dead. 

Makoto: No! I have to see myself! 

Mondo: Listen to us, man! Whaddya think's gonna happen if you go out there? 

Makoto: Well what good is it gonna do just sitting around here!? I mean, why are we al hanging out in the gym at a time like this!? Our friend... Sayaka... she's... She's dead! 

Kyoko: None of us want to be here right now, either. 

Makoto: Then... why? 

Asu: Monokuma asked us to come here.

Taka: Well, hold on! Don't talk like that. We all protested it! I mean, we remember the terrible price Sayaka had to pay... B-But...! 

Kyoko: Athea convinced them to come. Right now, we need to do whatever he says. We're his prisoners, right? It's not a good idea to defy him without reason. We don't need to make any more sacrifices than we already have... 

Makoto: Why should we lsiten to anything he has to say? It's obvious he's the one who killed Sayaka! 

Then the annoying voice of who had asked us to come here made itself heard...