Pendant

~Potions Classroom - December 27th - Monday Morning~

Your POV:

Back at Hogwarts, students were moping around between and during class. I could somewhat relate to them. I always felt a little sad when a holiday was over. Although Severus didn't seem to think so,

"The next witch or wizard to sigh in this classroom will loose 20 house points. Do I make myself clear?"

Many of the First Years fixed their posture and widened their eyes to seem more focused, although I could tell a lot of them just wanted the lecture to end.

Even though I don't see eye to eye with Severus' methods, they never seem to fail.

After the current class ended, the final class of the day would be with the Seventh Years. I didn't particularly like this class, mainly because it was filled with students who knew me from terms prior to this one.

While the classroom was still empty, I sat myself down in one of the two chairs situated near Severus' desk. Severus was seated in the other chair, stacking the papers that the First Years just turned in. The reflection of something shinny caught my eye and I smiled,

"Seems as though you really like the new cloak pin, huh Sev?"

Severus looked at me out of the corner of his eye and then set the papers down, turning in my direction,

"Yes, it is much more fitting than the old one."

After a bit of silence the classroom door opened. Surprisingly, the one student who is always last to arrive, was here first. It was that Bancroft kid again. In all the weeks that have passed, I still didn't know his first name.

"Ha, of course.." Bancroft chuckled to himself before sitting down in his seat.

"What was that Mr. Bancroft?" Severus told him, already sounding annoyed.

He sighed and replied,

"I just noticed that pendant on your cloak. Looks exactly like the one I saw 'Mrs. (Y/L/N)' buying in Hogsmeade just before Christmas actually."

He had this smug look on his face that I seriously wanted to punch right about now. I looked over at Severus to see his reaction.

To my surprise, he looked completely calm,

"If you are implying that Ms. (Y/L/N) gifted me this, then you are in fact correct."

Severus' response shocked me. I didn't think he would just blatantly admit that to a student. Though, it did sort of make sense to do that. This way, Bancroft won't think what he said phased either of us. And therefore, he has no blackmail, if that's what he was after of course.

Bancroft didn't seem to expect it either, because his facial expression merged from smug, to confused. He then shook his head and chuckled,

"Jeez (Y/N). Didn't think you were the type to go for teachers."

"That is a highly inappropriate statement to make toward your professors Mr. Bancroft. 10 points from Slytherin." I seethed at him.

"But am I really wrong? It's way too obvious!" Bancroft looked like he was having the time of his life messing with us like this.

"That is enough Bancroft. The disrespect you display toward your superiors has gone too far this time. Ms. (Y/L/N), please begin the class without me when the students arrive. Bancroft, Headmaster's Office. Now." Severus took hold of the underside of Bancroft's arm and pulled him up from his seat, dragging him out of the room.