First Task

~ Dorm Room - December 5th - Thursday Afternoon~

Your POV:

I put on my uniform for the first task and looked into the mirror. It was body tight.

'Good for swimming.' I thought as I remembered the most important thing.

'The Gillyweed! Where did I put it again? Oh yeah, I put it in the night stand drawer.'

I grabbed two pieces of Gillyweed from the jar and stuffed them into the pocket of my swim shorts. Looking once more into the mirror, I took a deep breath and then made my way down to the docks with Lucas.

"I am so excited for you (Y/N)! Are you nervous at all?" Lucas asked.

"A little.. I wasn't able to figure out what Professor Dumbledore mean't by 'We will have to retrieve something we lost.' I didn't loose anything recently." I said, thinking about what it could possibly mean.

"Well, maybe it'll come to you when you hit the cold water." Lucas joked.

I just glared at him playfully.

"Just kidding!" He replied with a chuckle.

We got in the boats that would bring us out to the platforms in the middle of the Lake. I spotted the other two Contestants already in their places. They seem ready. Maybe they figured out what Professor Dumbledore mean't by finding something we lost. Now I'm definitely nervous..

Once on the floating platform, Lucas said good luck to me before he took his seat in one of the raised sections of seating. I took my place on the diving platform, ready to begin. I just barely remembered to stick the Gillyweed in my mouth before the countdown began. It made me choke a little because of the texture, but I was able to swallow it. I heard a bunch of cheers before the cannon sounded. All three of us jumped in the water, instantly being affected by the cold. It was so. damn. COLD.

Once under the water, I could feel my throat begin to itch. Touching the area, I noticed some gills were growing there. Epic. My feet felt weird too and I looked down to see fins instead of feet. The same thing occurred to my hands when I felt the webbing grow in between my fingers. I began swimming downwards and into some tall sea grass. We were allowed our wands, so I took it out of the holster on my leg to defend myself if needed. I was almost out of the sea grass until I heard someone singing. I've heard about this before. My parents told me how there were Sirens and Grindylows in the Lake. That was probably a Siren I just heard.

I kept swimming, trying to follow the sound of the Sirens. But apparently I was too distracted to listen for any other dangers I might encounter, because a couple seconds later, I was being restrained by my ankles, keeping me from swimming. I turned around to see a Grindylow and shot the defense charm Flipendo at it. I took this split second to swim out of the sea grass as quickly as possible.

Upon entering a more barren area at the bottom of the lake, I noticed what looked like the remains of a temple in the distance. The Sirens gradually became louder the closer I got to them. I noticed some of them swimming around the entrance of said temple and decided to check it out.

Once I could see clearly, I noticed that what the Sirens were circling around were people! Three of them, tied by the ankle to keep them from floating to the surface. I saw the girl from Beauxbatons swim past me, and untie one of the three people. She then swam upwards with the person without disturbing the Sirens. It can't be that easy, can it? I swam up even closer, my ears filled with the sounds of one of the Sirens. It warned me,

"Onlyy onnne.." It almost hissed.

I nodded and looked at the two people. The first one I didn't recognize, but the second I recognized immediately. It was Severus. From afar I couldn't tell, being that he didn't have his cloak on. I worriedly swam up to him and placed a hand on his face, noticing his very pale face. His hair seemed lighter too. How long has he been under here!? Bubbles were leaving his slightly opened mouth, worrying me even more. I also noticed something around his neck. It was some sort of tooth attached to the twine around his neck. I used my wand to break the rope wrapped around his ankle. As I was swimming upwards, Severus' weight became too much and I was struggling to make it to the surface. On top of that, I could tell that the Gillyweed was wearing off. I reached for the extra Gillyweed, only to find that it was gone. I looked over to see the boy from Durmstrang holding my Gillyweed. Damn him. He swam downwards to retrieve his person.