Are You Really?

~Living Quarter's - January 9th - Sunday Morning~

Your POV:

Teaching had caused time to fly extremely quickly for both me and Severus, being that the New Year had already passed. And now, it was Severus' 23rd birthday.

I woke up quite early today, which is surprising, being that I'm not much of a morning person. Severus however, was still sleeping. He had stayed up late grading papers. I decided I would make Severus a nice breakfast. Hopefully, he doesn't wake up before I'm finished.

Severus' POV:

I was woken up by an aroma that happened to be quite sweet. I sat up and allowed my body to wake up as I tried to decipher the smell,

"Odd."

(Y/N) doesn't usually prepare breakfast with overly sweet ingredients. Standing from the bed, I made my way into the kitchen to see (Y/N) sitting on one of the two bar stools infront of the counter,

"Happy Birthday, Severus!"

I raised a brow at her and responded,

"Birthday? It isn't my birthday yet, is it?"

"Of course it is! It's the 9th of January, dummy." (Y/N) smiled.

I chuckled at the funny nickname and sat on the adjacent barstool.

"I hope you like strawberry syrup for your pancakes. I wanted to try a new recipe besides regular syrup." (Y/N) asked me.

I smiled and turned toward her,

"Since you made this, I already love it."

"Aw.. When did you get so sappy?" (Y/N) asked as she handed me a plate of pancakes.

"Sappy as in this syrup?" I grinned at her.

"Pft- good one. Now, let's eat." She chuckled.

Your POV:

After eating our breakfast, I felt a bit queasy. I might have gone a little overboard on the syrup and pancakes.

I waited a couple minutes, hoping that the feeling would just go away, but it didn't. Sighing, I made my way to the bathroom to look for some nausea relief medicine. I would ask Severus if he had some Pepper Up potion, but I don't feel like having my ears emit a whole bunch of steam today..

I felt a little better after taking the medicine and walked back into the living room. Severus was sitting on the sofa, reading from a book.

Smiling, I made my way over to sit next to him. But before I could even think about sitting down, the nausea kicked in full force. I ran into the bathroom just in time to puke my guts out in the sink.

"(Y/N)? What happe- Oh my.."Severus peered in through the door to see what was going on.

I felt him hold back my hair for me, allowing me to just focus on steadying myself against the sink.

"Do you want me to fetch you some Pepper Up potion from my stores quickly?" Severus asked me while helping me sit down on a stool in the bathroom.

"Yeah, that would be helpful.." I sighed and tucked the deviating strands of hair back behind my ears.

Severus nodded lightly and walked swiftly out of the room. Once I heard the door shut, J groaned and let my face fall into my hands, my elbows resting on my knees.

A sudden thought came to mind that made my eyes widen as I sat up straight.

'Could I possibly be pregnant!?'

I stood up abruptly and bolted into the bedroom where I had left my bag standing next to the bed. Rummaging through it, I grabbed the very thing I needed most at this moment.

A pregnancy test.

I had purchased one around New Year when Severus and I had gone into a muggle town to celebrate. Just in case.

Hurriedly, I rushed back into the bathroom and locked the door. I stared at the rectangular box and inhaled deeply,

"Here goes nothing.."

Severus' POV:

Pepper Up potion in hand, I returned to mine and (Y/N)'s shared Quarters in under 5 minutes.

"(Y/N)? I've got the potion, uh- (Y/N)?" I noticed the door to the bathroom was locked as I turned the handle.

Not a sound was heard from the opposite side of the door, which worried me,

"(Y/N). Open the door."

The lock clicked and the door slowly opened.

"(Y/N)?" I reached toward her hand and noticed there was an object already occupying the space in said hand.

"What are you holding?" I asked her, curious as to what it is she had in her hand.

She gave it to me. Curiously, I took hold of the object with both hands and squinted at it.

"I haven't the slightest clue what this is, (Y/N)? What do the blue lines on this stick represent?" I asked.

She didn't reply using words, she merely turned the object over in my hand and pointed at two phrases written next to sets of blue lines. I looked at the description next to the two blue lines and froze.

My head shot up immediately to look at (Y/N) for reassurance. Her facial expression said it all.

"Are you really.." My sentence trailed off as I waited eagerly for a response.

(Y/N) nodded her head vigorously as tears started to run down her face. I pulled her into my arms and embraced her tightly. Tears of my own started to form as I took in the gravity of the situation.

Still in our embrace, I tilted (Y/N)'s head up to face mine and stared at her tear stained face before leaning forward to kiss her. It was filled with more emotion than any previous one. It made me feel whole for the first time in a long while.

Your POV:

Severus' kiss was unexpected to say the least. But I surely wasn't going to complain about it. After parting from our everlasting embrace, I bent down to pick up the test Severus had dropped. I looked back up at his face once I retrieved it. His cheeks were stained red from his tears and his hair was slightly more disheveled than it was earlier this morning.

"This is by far the best birthday I have ever had.." Severus was smiling happily as he pulled me back into another hug.

This will be a moment that I cherish for the rest of my life.

°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO WRITE THIS PART OF THE STORY.

I was contemplating for a long time how I would convey this portion of my story and I'm pretty happy with the way I've written it. I hope you guys like it as much as I do, and sorry for not having updated a chapter in over a month! I honestly had a bit of a falling out with HP recently and was trying to get back into writing the story because I really love writing it.

Quick Question: For all the Supernatural Fans, how would you guys feel about me starting a Destiel Story or SPN Oneshots book?

Other than that, I wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day (which I'm going to be lonely for yet again) and I'll see you guys in the next update!

~Emma 💚