Unforgivable

~Spinner's End - July 20th - Monday Morning~

Your POV:

Over the past three weeks Severus and I continued my lessons. I was finally able to block Severus from invading my mind using Occlumency which was top priority in my opinion. I also learned a couple basic defensive spells that the school's curriculum didn't cover.

It was late in the morning and we were both sitting in the living room. Severus was reading his Newspaper while resting his chin on the topside of his hand. I was busy sketching in my sketchbook. The comfortable silence was interrupted by a tapping sound at the window. Severus didn't seem to care, so I got up and opened the window to see a snowy owl perched on the ledge.

It was holding a decently sized envelope, which I detached from it's ankle. I gave it 4 knuts in return, to which it gave almost a thankful beady-eyed glance before flying off. I closed the window and opened the envelope to see what it read. My eyes widened once I realized what it was.

I had passed my Apparition test. My license was included, which I had eagerly removed from the envelope.

I turned to Severus who was still looking at his newspaper. He must have sensed my expectant stare because he lifted his head from the paper and focused his gaze on me.

Lowering his hand from his chin, he asked me,

"And? What was it?"

I held out the license for him to look at.

"Well apparently I passed my Apparition test!" I said excitedly.

"I was wondering when that blasted thing would arrive. Usually those tests are graded the day of." Severus replied, looking very relieved.

"Well at least I have it now. That's all that matters." I replied, stuffing the license card in my back pocket.

~Monday Afternoon~

Severus thought it would be a good idea to have a lesson today, which I saw fit as well. He hadn't told me what it is we would be working on, but I was excited no matter what. Learning new defensive or offensive spells was always fun.

I was sat in the living room, waiting for Severus to join me. He was currently searching for a book in his endless bookshelves. He made a sound of triumph when he found what he was looking for, then, he made his way over to me.

He stood across the coffee table from me, holding a darkly colored book with silver embellishments. He flipped through pages until he settled on one.

"What am I learning about today?" I asked him in a semi whisper.

"Today.. you'll be learning about the three Unforgivable Curses." Severus replied, turning the book towards me and then pushing it across the coffee table.

I frowned at his response. I knew I'd have to learn about it eventually, but I didn't want it to be so soon.

"Now. What is the first Unforgivable Curse?" Severus asked.

"The Imperious Curse." I replied, skimming through it's description.

"Correct. The Imperious Curse is used to take control over a living being. But, if the victims will to repel the curse is strong enough.. then there is a possibility to overcome said curse." Severus explained.

"What is the second one?" Severus asked me.

"The Cruciatus Curse." I replied.

"Precisely. This curse is used to inflict pain and suffering on a victim by the caster. The curse itself inflicts no physically harm, it merely stimulates pain receptors across the entire body. It does however have the ability to drive the victim into madness if they were to be hit with the spell many times." Severus explained this one a bit more in depth than the last.