Dancing with Dilemmas

~Great Hall - December 10th - Tuesday Morning~

Your POV:

It was just announced that the Yule Ball would be held next Saturday. This announcement has caused the schools main talk to be all about who was going to the dance with whom. It was also said that the champions will have a special dance in the beginning with whomever they bring. Big problem there. I don't know who to ask.

Right now, all Students are being led to the Great Hall for the first Dance Lesson. There will be Dance Lessons every Tuesday and Thursday during first period. Meaning, no flying class today. Darn. All the Girls were told to stand on one end of the hall and Boys were told to stand on the opposite. Personally I don't understand why we had to be paired with someone of the opposite gender. Why can't a girl dance with a girl or a boy dance with a boy if they wanted to?

The thought slipped from my mind as the hall became quieter.

The Professors who are going to be teaching us to Waltz are Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape. What's funny is that for their demonstration, Severus had to dance with Professor McGonagall. Many students chuckled and jokingly whistled at this. At the end of the demonstration, we were told to pair up. Someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned to see a brown haired, blue eyed Gryffindor boy.

"Care to dance?" He asked, bowing slightly in front of me.

I noticed Severus giving the boy a glare. He almost seemed jealous. In a way I kind of wanted to see how far I could go to make him a little jealous, but on the other hand the Hufflepuff in me says otherwise. I accepted the boy's offer walked with him to the middle of the room.

We all got into position to start dancing. The Gryffindor boy seemed decent at first, but then he ruined it all by putting his hand way to low on my waist for my taste. I pulled it up to my back and gave him a disapproving look.

"Ok, don't even start that with me. Either act decent or find another partner." I warned him.

"Ok, ok." He said.

We began to Waltz using the square step pattern. It wasn't too hard. Though I was tempted to 'accidentally' step on his foot. I ended up stepping on his foot once or twice during the lesson. He deserved it for what he pulled earlier. As we were dismissed to our next class, the Gryffindor boy stopped me.

"The name's Tyler Sanders." He told me with a smirk.

I warily replied,

"(Y/N)."

"See you next time." He said, trying to seem cool.

"I guess." I replied.

He began to leave for his next class. I made my way over to Lucas. We both headed to our second class, which was Herbology.

~Next Dance Lesson - December 12th - Thursday Morning~

I was paired with Tyler again since I couldn't get another partner in time. I wished that I could have been paired with Lucas, being that he's my best friend and all, but he was grabbed almost immediately by another girl in our year. He didn't seem too pleased about it and gave me an apologetic look, knowing of my predicament with Tyler.

I didn't actually have much of an issue with Tyler today it seemed. He didn't get too handsy and just danced like normal.

And of course I had to go ahead and jinx myself, because the next thing I know, I feel him drop his hand again. And not just that, but he actually tried to feel me up.

'Hell no.'

I grabbed his wrist, spun him around and kicked in the back of his knees, holding his arm behind his back.