Misunderstandings

~Dorm Room - December 30th - Monday Morning~

Your POV:

I woke up just in time to get ready for breakfast. The next task will most likely be announced today, so I wasn't able to sleep in. I got dressed and made my way to the Great Hall. Once at the entrance to the Great Hall, I noticed people turn to look at me, then cheer. I scurried over to my table and sat across from Lucas. The cheers only died down once Professor Dumbledore began to speak,

"Congratulations to all three Champions in successfully obtaining the dragon eggs. But, I would like to inform you all that the third and final task is approaching much more quickly than the last. Your final task will be held tomorrow night."

I was shocked to hear that the last task was already tomorrow. How would I be ready for that? Who knows, maybe that's the whole idea. Not being ready for what lies ahead in the last task...

-Hallway-

Since the third task was tomorrow, classes were being postponed until Thursday. I decided to go visit Severus, so I made my way towards the potions classroom. I entered the room and didn't see Severus anywhere.

"Hello." I hear from behind me.

I spun around and saw Severus in the doorway. I sighed in relief, happy that it wasn't another student or professor.

"Hello again.. Yesterday was a little, uh.. eventful." I said as my cheeks heated up.

"Indeed." Severus replied hastily as if he were impatient about something.

My face became red as I thought of a reason. Did he want to continue from where we left off? I mean. I'd want to..

I stepped forward so that I was nearly pressed up against Severus' chest and leaned forward to kiss him softly. He gripped onto my waist as he inhaled sharply. I pushed him against one of the tables in the room as I continued kissing him.

"Hey, Professor Snape, I wanted to ask about th- Holy shit!" I hear a familiar voice exclaim.

Severus and I shot our heads in the direction of the door and watched as the form of a student fled the scene.

"Oh my god! I think that was Tyler!" I began to panic and rushed after him.

"I knew we shouldn't have done this right here! Where did he go!?" I hear Severus yell behind me as he followed.

I sped up to try to catch up, but to my dismay, I lost sight of Tyler. I lost Severus as well. Great.

I was walking around the halls aimlessly, trying to find Tyler before he could tell anyone anything, when I ran into someone. It was Lucas.

"Oh thank god Lucas! I need your help to find Tyler! The Gryffindor from the Yule Ball? He saw me in the Potions class just now ki-"

"Looky here guys. I found her." I hear that same disgusting voice say.

Tyler approached me and Lucas with a couple of his friends close behind.

"So. You finally gonna tell us who you've been snogging behind everyone's backs!? It's disgusting, really!" He exclaims.

I looked over at Lucas, who seemed to understand what was going on and immediately took action.

"(Y/N) is my girlfriend so I'd hope you're not implying that that is disgusting." Lucas sounded pretty convincing.

"Oh really? Well if he's your 'boyfriend' then prove it!" He snarls.

I looked at Lucas and before I could do anything, he pulled me into a believable kiss. Even though I was extremely uncomfortable, I kissed back for effect. After a couple seconds we pulled apart, blushing furiously. I felt disgusting, as if I had wronged Severus by doing that. I had a really bad feeling about what just happened.

"That proof enough for you?" Lucas said to Tyler and his gang.

Tyler scoffed and waved at his group to follow him. They left and I turned back towards Lucas. I lunged forward and hugged him,

"Thank you so much for helping me. I've got to go find Severus and tell him it's been taken care of."

Lucas nodded in understanding and watched me leave in the last known direction I saw Severus in. I dashed around different corridors until I saw a shadowy figure rush down a dimly lit hallway. I caught up to the figure and could tell that it was Severus.

"Severus! Wait up! It's been taken car-"

"Do you take me for a fool (Y/L/N)!?" He shoved me against the stone wall and glared at me.

"What!? No, why would you think tha.. Oh god. Don't tell me you saw-"

"Of course I did you Imbecile!" He yelled at me.

I was franticly trying to explain what he had seen and that it was all a misunderstanding, but he cut me off again.

"Outside of class you are to never speak to me again.." He seethed before disappearing through the door to his Chambers.

I began crying heavy tears as I realized what I had done. I shouldn't have kissed Lucas back. I shouldn't have let him kiss me in the first place! We could have settled it another way! But this? This I didn't want to happen!

-Dormitories-

I stayed in my Dorm room for the rest of the day. Only leaving to eat Lunch and Dinner. I didn't see Severus in the Great Hall at all, which concerned me greatly. Lucas had already apologized about earlier once I had told him what happened between me and Severus. They gave me a bunch of hugs before I went back to my Dorm Room to sleep. Tomorrow wasn't going to be fun..