Apologies

~Hogwarts Train Station - December 25th - Wednesday Afternoon~

Severus' POV:

Once we had apparated to the Hogwarts Train Station, (Y/N) held a hand up to her mouth as though she were about to vomit.

"I seriously hate doing that.." I hear her say once she composed herself.

I nodded in response before hearing a voice behind us.

"Professor Snape? What are ye doin' ou' here?" The Half-Giant, Hagrid asked.

"Both Mrs. (Y/L/N) and I had been late to Platform 9 3/4. I offered to apparate us both here." I answered with a composed manner.

"Alrigh'. How ye doin' (Y/N)? Have a good Christmas?" He asked (Y/N).

"I had a great Christmas! I was happy to see my family again for the holidays." She replied cheerfully.

I waited impatiently for them to finish. Once they had finished, I began walking in the direction of the Front Gates at Hogwarts.

"Wait up Se- Professor..!" (Y/N) caught her mistake before continuing.

She rushed up next to me, struggling to keep up with my pace.

"What do I tell people when they ask how I got back before everyone else?" She asked me.

"You say what I told that Half-Giant at the Station." I replied.

"His name is Hagrid." She corrects me.

I sigh and pick up my pace a little more.

-Once back at Hogwarts-

Your POV:

Severus and I made it back in just 20 minutes of walking. We were currently walking down to the dungeons when Severus told me,

"I will continue to my Quarters. You should head to the Common Room."

"Alright. See you later." I smiled as we went opposite directions in the dungeons.

I entered the Common Room and saw a couple Slytherins who had stayed at Hogwarts for the Holidays give me quizzical looks. Apparently they all knew I had left for the Holidays and didn't expect my appearance.

"(Y/N)? How are you back already? Did the train come early?" I hear a familiar voice ask me.

"Oh, hey Lucas! N-no, the train didn't come early.." I told him.

"Then how did you get back?" He asked me again.

I waved him over to me to whisper.

"Severus apparated me here. We missed the train and had no other choice than to apparate." I explained.

"Wait, what do you mean we?" He asked.

"Oh. I forgot to tell you. Severus spent the Holidays with me and my family.." I told him shyly.

"Wow. I did not expect you to say that. So? Are you two like a-" I clapped a hand over his mouth and dragged him outside and explained.

"I guess you could say we're a thing? It sounds so weird to say that after the long time of me just having a crush on him." I chuckled while blushing.

Lucas laughed at the state I was in.

"I'm happy for you. And, I'll make sure no one finds out about the two of you." He reassured me.

"Thanks, that means a lot to me. Hey, hows it going with you and Alex by the way." I smiled.

"We're doing good. Alex and I aren't very open about things yet though. During the Yule Ball we acted like friends. We don't know if people are accepting of that sort of thing yet." He gave me a smile.

"I'm happy for you as well. Well, I'll talk to you later, I've got unpacking to do." I told him before going back into the Common Room.

Once in my dorm, I unpacked my things. Once I got to the gift Severus had given me, I smiled widely. What did I do to deserve someone like him?

~Dorm Room - December 26th - Thursday Morning~

I woke up a little later than I thought I would and realized something. The next Task was going to be announced at breakfast today! I got up and dressed quickly before making my way to meet Lucas in the Great Hall.

I made it just before Professor Dumbledore began speaking. I sat down next to Lucas and he grinned at me before turning his attention to Professor Dumbledore.

"I would like to congratulate our Champions for successfully completing the First Task!" Professor Dumbledore began, cheers echoing in the Hall.

"I would also like to inform all of you that the Second Task will be held this Sunday! Champions, I wish you all well in the Tasks to come!" Professor Dumbledore finished.

"Three days until the next Task!? That's insane!" I said aloud.

"You better get practicing for whatever is to come! Do you even know what it is?" Lucas asked me.

"I.. I think it's dragons.. I found a tooth necklace bound around Professor Snape's neck during the first task and it had a dragon tooth on it. So it's probably that." I replied nervously.

"Are you serious!? That's insane!" Lucas exclaimed.

I repeated Professor Dumbledore's statement in my head over and over again, not even touching my food.

This is going to be a challenging task...