Apparition

~Spinner's End - June 27th - Saturday Morning~

Your POV:

I woke up to sun beams shining on my face through the window. The curtains were slightly separated, allowing only a little bit of light to enter the room. I sighed and rolled over to see that the spot next to me was empty. Severus must have already gone downstairs. I couldn't lie, I was a bit disappointed that Severus wasn't there when I woke up. But I guess if he woke up a while ago, he wouldn't want to just sit here waiting for me to wake up. I got up and made my way downstairs and got a whiff of something that smelled really good. I turned the corner into the kitchen and saw Severus making something at the stove. He too was still in his sleeping attire.

"Good morning." Severus greets while still facing the stove.

"Morning." I replied and walked over to see what he was making.

"Ooo, bacon and eggs?" I smiled up at him once I saw what he was preparing.

He hummed in response and continued frying the eggs and bacon. Once the meal was plated, we sat down in the living room and ate our food. A thought came to mind and I decided I should ask Severus about it,

"Severus?"

He gave me a look that let me know to ask my question.

"I was wondering if you could possibly teach me Apparition." I asked.

Severus contemplated what I had asked him and then set his plate down.

"Yes I could teach you how, but you would then need to aquire a license that allows you to Apparate by taking a test. But if you'd like, I can teach you the bare minimum you need to know in order to pass said test." Severus explained.

"I would like that very much. I've grown to like Apparition for is usefulness." I replied happily.

And just like that, the two of us got changed into our everyday attire and set out to what looked like an abandoned field.

"Alright. In order to successfully Apparate, you must keep in mind these three words. Destination, Determination, and Deliberation. You must be determined and think strongly about your desired destination. I suggest you think of a place nearby, perhaps a couple meters  in one direction. Apparition becomes trickier the longer the distance is." Severus explained the basics, me nodding in response.

"Picture in your mind the location you'd like to Apparate to. Invision the field and block out any distractions." Severus said before going silent to let me focus.

I invisioned a part of the field that was a couple meters behind Severus and attempted to gather up enough determination to Apparate to that spot. I stood there for what felt like a couple minutes and felt a familiar spinning sensation before opening my eyes and looking around. I looked around and noticed I had apparated much farther than intended. I could still see Severus from where I was standing, but from this distance he looked like an ant. I saw him disappear and heard him reappear behind me. Turning abruptly in his direction, I smiled widely.

"I did it!" I exclaimed.

"Well done. Although, I suggest you work more on the concentration portion of the destination. You don't want to end up getting splinched in the process of apparating." Severus warned me.

"I will, now all I need to do is get a license correct?" I asked him.

"Yes, I will inquire with Professor Dumbledore about having you tested as soon as possible." Severus assured me.

~Spinner's End - Saturday Evening~

Severus and I spent a little more time practicing apparition. I believe I did pretty well and I didn't get nauseous at all. Which may or may not have to do with the fact that I've apparated with Severus before. By the time we got home, it was almost dark, but the sky still had a deep blue tint to it. We talked a bit while walking up the steps and then inside the house. I was looking over my shoulder at Severus and was explaining something about potions to him until I felt something slide against my ankle. I looked down and my face went pail. A frighteningly large snake was slithering past my leg into the living room. I stood frozen, mostly from shock and secondly because I didn't want to give it a reason to bite me.