Elora

~Spinner's End - August 31st- Wednesday Evening~

Severus' POV:

Fatherhood.

A topic I never thought I'd come face to face with for the rest of my life. The mere thought of becoming a father..

bemuses me.

One day I'm deducting house points from Gryffindor.. and the next I'm folding the clothes of mine and (Y/N)'s unborn child.

Speaking of which, Elora should be due sometime in the next few weeks. I haven't quite wrapped my mind around the thought of it yet, but.. I am elated nonetheless.

"Sev, can you come upstairs for a second? I need your input on something." I heard (Y/N) call for me from our bedroom.

I walked up the stairs with the clothes I had folded and stepped in the doorway,

"What do you need my input for-"

I stopped walking as soon as I saw what she was talking about.

"For this." (Y/N) responded, pointing toward the large mural painted on a portion of the wall.

The mural consisted of various magical beings in the setting of a moonlit meadow. In the center though, were two patronuses.

"Are those our patronuses?" I asked just above a whisper as I took in all the detail.

"Yeah, they are. Your doe, and mine." She smiled warmly at me and beckoned me over towards her with her free hand.

"I love it, (Y/N). You truly have a gift." I complimented her, after which I placed a kiss on her forehead.

She smiled and thanked me,

"Oh, one more thing."

I felt (Y/N) swipe a cold substance across my cheek. Paint to be exact.

"Perfect. The last addition to the painting! Now if you could just stand against the wall for the next couple years, that would be great!" (Y/N) attempted to contain her laughter, but failed after a few seconds.

I wiped the paint off my face and chuckled a bit as well. Her laughter ceased after a minute or two, so we decided it would be best if we got ready for bed.

Although I wish I didn't have to. It is important that I attend at least the first couple days of the school term at Hogwarts, so I must return tomorrow morning. I'd have preferred it if I could remain here with (Y/N), but she insisted I go.

We made it into bed at a reasonable time and slept soundly that night.

~Spinner's End - September 1st - Thursday Morning~

The next morning, I woke up quite early in hopes that I could surprise (Y/N) with a nice breakfast.

Just as I had begun taking out ingredients from the cupboard, I heard a noise from upstairs.

"Oh my god!" I heard (Y/N) shout.

Dropping the utensils I had in my hand, I rushed upstairs and into the bathroom to make sure she was alright.

"Are you alright (Y/N)?" I asked her worriedly.

"Severus. I think my water just broke." She told me with a look of fright in her eyes.

I was shocked, but recalled the steps the doctor had relayed to us both in the event that this happened.

"Oh dear me.. Alright, ehm. I'll retrieve the hospital bags and you change into something more comfortable before we leave for St. Mungo's." I ran a hand through my hair as I told her the plan.