Nurture

~St. Mungo's - September 2nd - Friday Morning~

Your POV:

I woke up from the rhythmic sound of the heart monitor next to my bed and sighed. I had honestly believed that yesterday's events were a dream, being that Elora wasn't due for a few more weeks, but I'm glad it wasn't. Because now she's here, and I absolutely love her.

I kept my eyes closed and took a moment to adjust to the light shining through the window.

"(Y/N)? How are you feeling?" I heard Severus ask me in a hushed tone as not to disturb me if I were feeling poorly.

"I feel fine actually. And you, did you sleep at all?" I asked, knowing well enough that Severus most likely didn't rest as much as he should have.

"I took a short nap." Severus replied as he helped me sit upright.

"Well, at least you didn't stay up the entire night." I replied with a small smile.

"The doctor said we'd be able to leave in the next few days. We could visit your mother if you'd like? Introduce Elora to her." Severus offered.

"That sounds like a great idea." I replied happily.

~St. Mungo's - September 4th - Sunday Morning~

Today was the day that Severus and I could leave St. Mungo's with Elora. It was quite nerve-wracking staying in that hospital room for 3 days straight. But now that I am able to get up and move again, my doctor thinks I'm in the clear to leave.

Severus was packing some of our belongings whilst I was making sure that Elora was dressed and ready to go with us. As soon as the nurses checked us out at reception, we left the building in search of a taxi that could drive us to my mother's house.

Severus hailed one for us pretty quickly and took Elora from me, who was currently resting in her carrier.

After 2 minutes of loading our belongings into the taxi, we were on our way to see my mother.

°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°

We arrived at my former home after around an hour. Elora slept soundly throughout the ride, thanks to the driver who made sure he was driving safely. I took Elora out of the backseat whilst Severus retrieved our things. We then paid the driver and he left shortly after.

I sighed as I turned to look at the house,

"My mother will probably pass out when she sees Elora, Severus."

Severus chuckled at the mental image and responded,

"I reckon that she'll be able to handle herself."

I smiled at Severus and peered down at Elora who seems to have woken up. Severus rang the doorbell and then stepped back.

The door opened after a good 10 seconds and my mother smiled once she realized it was us. Although it took her a couple seconds to notice Elora, once she did, her hands shot up to cover her mouth.

"Oh my goodness! But how- Weren't you due in 2 weeks!? Come in both of you!" My mother was all over the place with her questions as expected.

Once Inside, she took some of the things Severus was carrying so that he could take Elora from me. By now, she was fully awake and was making small cooing sounds.

Severus picked Elora up carefully from the carrier and held her against his chest. It was quite sweet how gentle he was when placing his hand on the back of her head.

My mother was clearly excited to see her because she was having trouble standing still where she was standing. Severus noticed this and carefully handed Elora over to my mother.