Graduation

~March 1st - Sunday Evening~

Your POV:

It's been a couple weeks since my first Occlumency lesson, which hadn't really gone to plan. But since then, I've been getting better at blocking a Legilimens from entering my mind. Though at this time, Occlumency is the least of my worries. I have my N.E.W.T's coming up, which are extremely important to me. I've been studying for most of my free time in order for me to be prepared. And even though they are still 3 months away, I need to be ready.

~3 months later - June 1st - Monday~

The day has finally arrived. The day I take my N.E.W.T's. I'm a bit nervous, but I should do well because of all the studying I have done in the previous 3 months.

After Flying class, Transfiguration, Herbology, Charms, DADA, and many other classes, there was only one class left.

Potions.

I was especially excited for potions because I really liked the subject. As soon as everyone was seated, Severus began explaining what we would be doing for our exam.

"Your N.E.W.T's are of great importance. They will determine which occupation you will be able to pursue in the near future. I expect everyone to take this exam seriously. Your exam will cover the entirety of what you have learned throughout your time here at Hogwarts. You may pick up your Quill and fill in your first and last name." Severus waited for everyone to do as he said before continuing,

"Now. You will have 2 hours to complete your exam and 2 hours only. You may begin."

With 10 minutes to spare, I had finished double checking my exam. I then turned it in to Severus, who at the moment was busy reading a book with one leg crossed over the other. He was leaned back in his chair, resting his chin on his hand. I returned to my seat and rested my eyes, thinking about what life would be like after I left Hogwarts.

I snapped out of my thoughts from the sound of a voice,

"Time's up. For those who have not turned in their exam, do so now. You may leave once you have done just that." Severus explained to the class.

I sighed and got up. Lucas was on the other end of the room, so I went over to him.

"Happy that it's all over now?" I asked him.

"Very." He chuckled as we left the room to go to the Common Room.

~Last day of School - June 26th - Friday Morning~

Today is the day that I return home and the day that I receive my N.E.W.T's scores! I am both excited and nervous to see how I did.

Just after breakfast, we were given a piece of parchment that had our scores listed for each class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flying - Outstanding

Transfiguration - Outstanding

Herbology - Exceeds Expectations

Charms - Outstanding

Defence Against the Dark Arts -
Outstanding

Astronomy - Exceeds Expectations

Care of Magical Creatures - Exceeds Expectations

Potions - Outstanding

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Whoa! I didn't know I did that well!" I exclaimed in a whisper with pure happiness.