Prophecy

Your POV:

"What does this mean Severus?"

He struggled for an answer, as it seemed even he didn't know what Elora's abilities meant.

"I believe this matter should be taken directly to Albus, Severus." Minerva piped up after the silence that filled the room previously.

We agreed and rushed out of the classroom towards the tower in which the Headmaster's Office resides. Upon reaching it, the staircase opened without the use of a password.

"He must already know." I said in a hushed tone.

Minerva walked up and into the room first, followed by me, and then Severus with Elora.

"I believe you already know why were here Albus?" Minerva addressed him as he stood up from behind his desk.

He looked quite calm compared to us and stepped down from the raised platform his desk was on top of,

"Yes Minerva, I had an inkling that you three would be showing up around this time."

"Then you must know why Elora is exhibiting extremely early and powerful signs of magical activity?" Severus seemed desperate for an answer.

As was I.

"I can not confirm any specific reason for this occurrence, but.. I do have a few possible theories. Will you allow me to test one of these theories briefly?" Albus asked both me and Severus.

We nodded and watched as he pulled an ordinary wand out of a concealed pocket of his. He then handed this wand to Elora. Unsure of what he was trying to test, I made a motion forward.

"Trust me (Y/N). I would not put her in danger purposefully." Albus' response caused me to step back again, all be it unwillingly.

He then pulled his own wand out and conjured a flower, which was currently floating in the air. Severus, Minerva, and I were all watching curiously to find out what the point of this demonstration was.

The flower floated down a few feet in front of Elora. She stared at it with a curious smile for a moment before swinging the wand around wildly. A spell shot off towards the floating flower. New stems grew from it and sprouted duplicates of the original flower. The color of the petals pulsed different shades of blue. But just before anyone could say anything, the flowers wilted and shrivelled until they turned to dust.

Albus retrieved the wand from Elora's grasp and tucked it back into his pocket. He was contemplating something, which left us itching to know what the purpose of this test was.

"What does any of this mean?" I finally asked, as the silence was becoming too much for me.

"I wanted to see what Elora's intentions would be towards the flower. Her actions would prove to us whether her magical abilities lean more towards the liking of the dark or the light. Based off of the growth of the flower, we know she favors the light. Though the eventual wilting of the flowers after the fact implies her abilities are unwillingly tainted by something dark.." Albus' response shocked me.

My posture stiffened as I glanced over at both Severus and Minerva.

"Albus. You don't mean to tell us that this could possibly be the work of You-Know-Who?" Minerva seemed a bit afraid of the possibility.

"No. A dark presence such as this one can not be created by any witch or wizard. I fear this is a pure form of corruption that Elora was born with." Albus' words were starting to make me panic internally, which seemed to be the case with Severus as well.

"But how could she possibly be born with it?" Severus was unnerved by all this new information.

"My theory is that both of you had ancestors who were deeply immersed in the use of dark magic. For each passing generation after them, the percentage of a child being born with hints of their dark abilities increases. In the case that two bloodlines with powerful, yet dark ancestry merge, the percentage increases tremendously." Albus' new information caused my worries to sky rocket.