Assurance

~Great Hall - July 3rd - Friday Morning~

Your POV:

Another year at Hogwarts has come to an end. It surprises me how quickly time can pass when you enjoy what you do.

The Students and Professors were all currently eating in the Great Hall, celebrating the beginning of the summer. I on the other hand had a lot of thoughts spinning around in my mind and was getting a bit lost in them.

I hadn't realized how long I was spacing out until I felt a gentle hand being placed on my shoulder.

"(Y/N)? Is everything alright? Your expression concerns me." Severus asked me.

"Yes, I just spaced out a bit." I replied with a bit of a forced smile, as I was still not 100 percent there mentally.

"I can sense you're nervousness (Y/N). Anyone could from miles away." Severus let his hand drift from my shoulder down to my hand, which had been laying flat on my leg and urged me to talk.

"Could we talk later? I don't feel comfortable bringing up private matters here.." I shrunk back in my seat, feeling a bit embarrassed.

Severus nodded understandingly before returning to his breakfast.

°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°

Severus' POV:

The departure of the students on the Hogwarts Express passed by quicker than usual. And by the time we were back in our Living Quarters, (Y/N) became visibly uncomfortable. She blurted a quick statement out before walking towards the door,

"I should probably go to Minerva's office and pick Elora up. She's had her there for an hour already."

I sighed at her attempt to avoid the subject and stood my ground in the doorway,

"Severus- Please let me through." (Y/N) attempted to squeeze past me, but failed.

"You know Minerva enjoys looking after Elora. There's no rush." I stated calmly while reaching out for her hands in an attempt to comfort her.

"Severus, it's just silly little worries that everyone gets once in a while. I'm fine." She clearly didn't believe her own words and was merely making excuses.

"(Y/N), you need to be honest with me and allow me to help you as best I can-"

"I said I'm fine Severus!" Out of pure frustration, she pushed me back through the doorway.

I stumbled back into the hallway, her unpredictable actions startling me.

She seemed defeated and slumped down at the foot of the bed, letting her emotions get the best of her.

I looked at her sorrowfully and decided to sit beside her, pulling her into a comforting hug. She responded by burying her face in the crook of my neck to hide her tears.

"Why aren't you mad that I pushed and yelled at you?" She asked me after composing herself enough to speak.

"Because I've realized that patience, as well as communication, is key in a healthy relationship."  I carded a hand through her hair, which seemed to calm her down quite a bit.

"Do you feel comfortable enough to tell me about these worries of yours now?" I asked in a hushed tone against her ear.

She nodded slowly, sat up straight, and wiped a few loose strands of hair out of her face before spouting her thoughts to me,

"I don't really have a clear cut explanation for how I'm feeling currently.. I think I'm just extremely nervous about our wedding. I feel unprepared. Probably because I imagined myself getting married later in life, if at all." Severus was completely focused on my response and seemed understanding about what I was telling him.

A short silence concluded after her explanation, during which I formed a response,

"I understand how you feel."

My words seemed to confuse her,

"You're nervous too? I couldn't tell."

"I don't blame you for not noticing. I hide it well. Although, expressing my emotions is something I am working on just as much as you seem to be." I told her with a reassuring smile.

"Thank you for being patient with me Severus. You're a good man." She squeezed my hand lightly and stood up from the bed.

I did the same, not letting go of her hand while doing so,

"And you are a wondrous woman."

"Thank you Sev.. Now." She surprised me with a lazily placed kiss on my bottom lip. My eyes shut as I cherished the moment before she continued her statement,

"I'll be picking Elora up from Minerva's office. Would you like to come with me?"

I nodded after a few dazed seconds and followed her out of the room.

°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°

Your POV:

Upon opening the door to the office, something came whizzing past our faces, exploding in a puff of glitter against the wall. We looked in the direction from which the strange magic had come from and were stunned.

Elora was sat on top of the desk with Minerva's wand in her grasp. I turned towards Minerva and noticed her shocked, but almost frightened, expression. With one hand covering her mouth, she whisked the wand away from Elora. Severus bolted over and lifted Elora off of the table into his arms.

"Babies don't have the ability to produce any magic! There's no way she could've.." My sentence trailed off for a moment due to my panicked state before I asked my question,

"What does this mean Severus?"

He didn't seem to have any definitive answer ready this time. All of us were completely dumbfounded.

°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°