𐐒𐐚 05 : awestruck ˎˊ˗

•| ⊱ CHAPTER FIVE ⊰ |•

•| CHAPTER FIVE |•

❛❛ a beauty so captivating ❜❜

"How am I supposed to do that?" You asked, your voice a bit muffled because of the man squishing your cheeks with his slender fingers.

The man only squinted his eyes at you in exchange, gripping your chin tighter that sent you goosebumps from head to toe. His aura is too intimidating, it makes you feel like you were just a mere prey and he is your predator; he can kill you anytime, anywhere and any way he wanted to.

You swallowed the lump in your throat, rivulets of sweat trickling down your forehead as you brainstormed on how you'll convince the male that you really are just an innocent person.

A thick, suffocating atmosphere filled the lonely forest, with crickets and rustling of the leaves the only noises echoing throughout the whole place.

"T-The other people in the cart..." You finally spoke.

"Hmm?" He leaned in closer and pierced daggers through your soul, still not planning to let go of your chin so you can speak properly.

"They know me, they will recognize me." You continued. The raven haired boy glanced away from you and much to your relief, he finally let go of your chin. You took a deep breath and touched your cheeks, they were tainted in red and marked from the man's hand.

"Let's get you group up among the others. If even one passenger didn't know you, you know the consequences." He initiated and lead the way, taking light steps ahead of you. Standing up from the solid ground and brushing off the dirt on your clothes, you quickly followed behind and tailed him.

You sigh for the nth time, thinking about this is to be considered as a dangerous situation. Thinking of all the possible variables of danger, you came up with one question. What if it was actually the other way around? What if the man right in front of you is the real bad guy?

Doubting the raven haired, you prepared to dash away from him with one swift step until you heard him say, "Don't."

And with one word, here you are admitting defeat once again. The memory of him moving in a speed of light slipped out of your mind, and now it seems like you underestimated his power and abilities.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" You asked him, your curiosity piqued.

"A mere mortal should not just stick their nose up to anyone's business." The man answered nonchalantly, his voice stern as ever that made you quiver in fear. Something about his voice, personality or a person as a whole radiated authority and power.

A mere mortal?

"Could you be..." You realized and covered your mouth as you gasped at the end of your sentence, "An adeptus?"

"No shit sherlock."

Several veins popped on your face and neck, infuriated at how he sarcastically responded. How dare he always decide and take control of the situation?

But, you refuse to be defeated.

A smirk crept up to your face and snickered in secret, a bright idea popped up in your mind.

"No ShIt ShERLoCk~" You said with a mocking tone, putting your tongue out at him and continued to snicker. You patiently waited for his reaction but much to your dissatisfaction, he said nothing. Frowning at what happened, you noticed a familiar crashed cart from a distance along with the distinct chatter of the passengers.

You immediately ran up to them, your eyes exuding of worry scanned each person and searched for Little Luo.

"Luo!" You approached the sobbing girl and crouched down so she could see you through her blurr vision from her bleary and teary eyes.

"Why are you crying?" You asked and grabbed your spare clean fabric to wipe her tears. Her cheeks were taintes red and sticky from the feeling.

"I got lost earlier, but I'm okay. . . Now. . ." Little Luo answered in between her sobs and you rubbed her back and head in comfort.

You remembered the adeptus who led you here and turned around in hopes of proving him wrong of you being a bad guy. You panned your head here and there but there was no sign of him.

"The handsome adeptus saved me again..." She said, catching your attention, your jaw dropped from her words and the realization just dawning upon you.

Your brain barely acknowledged the obvious today, which might be due to exhaustion from walking all day and night long.

"I. . ." A hesitant pause occured, before continuing to answer. "I met him too." Your eyes looked up at the night sky, the memory of his dark silhouette holding down a jade winged spear was breath taking.

The way his short ebony hair danced along with the wind in each plunge he did, the animalistic speed in swaying his spear battling his enemies and his tremendous, intimidating aura he emmitted truly showed you an unforgettable experience once in a lifetime.

They truly are blessed by the Divine.

You soon received help and the passengers were escorted safely to their own places or destination. You bid your farewell to Little Luo and she did the same as well. You are not that good with kids, but your encounter with her wasn't bad.

A sigh of relief and a refreshing half bath felt like what you needed the most right now. You glanced at the clouded mirror in the bathroom, sub-consciously finding yourself brushing your fingers on the cheeks the same spot he held yours.

The memory is still clear, you could see all of him in your mind especially the slanted, amber eyes of his that looked a bit soulless.

Among his beautiful features, you were taken aback by how soothing yet scary his voice is that repeatedly chimed into your ears, taking you into a trance unknowingly.

The sight of him and his voice slowly faded out in your mind, a nervous chuckled slipped out from your lips.

"I want to see him again."

Now you sounded like an adult version of Little Luo.

"Damn that adeptus and his appeal."

˖ ਏਓ ˖

༺ ˖࣪ ∗ ਏਓ ∗ ˖࣪ ༻