𐐒𐐚 01 : fate unforetold ˎˊ˗

•| ⊱ CHAPTER ONE ⊰ |•

•| CHAPTER ONE |•

❛❛ lost in the foreign land ❜❜

It all started when you accidentally got lost in your journey. Mindlessly walking from one town to another until you found yourself in the middle of nowhere. Now, you're currently brainstorming how on Teyvat you got in a place you're not a bit familiar with.

You squint your eyes, keenly peering at the surroundings as you saw several berries or fruits of some sort on the ground. This is only your first time seeing those, and of course, curiosity fills you to the brim, as anticipated. Making up your mind, you paced towards the unknown fruits and picked one up. Examining a singular one, you noticed there were some specks of dirt on it.

No way in hell you'll be eating something dirty, that would be flat out unhealthy. So you ought to find a water source to wash the berries with.

Few moments later, you finally found a lake just beneath the bridge. You walked towards it and washed whatever the fruit you're holding. Wiping it after with your clothes, you took bite of it in a whim and a surprising spicyness rubbed off your tastebuds hard enough.

The tanginess from the massive bite left a heating line on your throat from the berry, you feel your mouth suddenly dried of moisture as the hotness drained the living out of you. You choked for a minute, barely able to make a move because of how spicy the fruit was. You reached out for the lake, when suddenly an unexpected person startles you from your behind that resulted to you falling on your butt against the grass floor.

"Are you okay?" The villager asked with fret painted on his face, panicking as well.

Do I look like I'm okay? You thought to yourself and lost hope of the journey ahead of you. Barely being able to say any words from your mouth, you decided to communicate through actions instead. You pointed to the lake beside you and then made a drinking gesture while choking and shaking from the spicyness in your mouth.

"P-Please, w..." You weren't able to continue your words as the unknown villager barely understood what you're trying to say.

This is it. This would be the endgame of your life. You shut your eyes closed and every memory you had when you were a kid slowly flashed in your mind. The light shone on you brightly, making you squint your eyes and vision blurry. A harmonic soothing music from above entranced your ears and the pearly gates welcoming you too.

Just as when your eyes were about to fall shut from feeling lethargic and drained, you were brought back to your senses as your breathing was blocked by cold water. A dry cough escapes from your lips,

"What have you done!?" The boy asks with a frantic look on his face.

His chaotic partner, another villager holds on to his head from panicking. "I didn't mean it!"

"As if that makes the situation better!"

"Well what did you do to make the situation better?"

"Enough of this, I'm gonna check on the person!"

The bickering finally ends with a truce from shifting the blame one to another. The boy proceeds to check your pulse with his two fingers touching on your delicate skin. He expected to be met with your pulses, but unluckily, there were none.

"Oh no. I think they're no longer breathing!" They look at each other dead in the eyes. We did not just kill someone did we? The dyad freaks out and was about to make an escape.

"Wait!" An unfamiliar feminine voice shrieked and approached your vulnerable figure instead. You slowly opened your eyes to see your Oh So Great Savior and it was a girl with the indigo colored hair with braided buns behind. She wore a somewhat unique style of clothing, definitely eye-catching.

Her golden eyes pierced through yours, her pursed lips slowly carved into a smile of relief that you're somehow alive.

"Who are you?" You asked as she helped you sit up, giving you the enough amount of water to drink this time and not spilling it.

"I'm Xiangling, I'm a chef from Liyue." She introduced with such a bright aura surrounding her leaving you burnt out from all the bright things you've been seeing.

"How about you?" She asked after moments had passed.

"I'm [F/N]. Thank you for saving my life! When I saw the pearly gates from above I thought I was done for!" You shook her hand aggressively while she tilted her head in confusion.

"Oh yeah and these two cowardly boys right here behind me is—" Xiangling looked back and the two figures disappeared quickly with no apparent reason.

Fast forward from the formalities to familiarities, you've been told that you're currently in the border between Mondstadt and Liyue. These two regions don't ring a bell to you but you just listened through and through to what Xiangling had to say. She said that you can stay in Wangshu Inn for a while until you're ready to set foot off and continue what you've been doing.

After the exchange of information about the place you got lost on, you told her all about yourself as she listened attentively on whatever you had to say.

She's surprisingly hospitable and caring despite the first impression of being a clumsy teenage girl. You thanked her from the bottom of your heart for helping you get through the obstacle you're facing as of now.

Once she accompanied you to the Wangshu Inn, you talked to the Lady Boss and she gladly lent a helping hand. You get to stay in Wangshu Inn for free as long as you do five commissions for them everyday.

Inspite the free stay, you also earn Mora for the commissions you do so you can still sustain for your needs like food and clothes. You agreed to the deal and signed the contract. Five commissions shouldn't be as tiring as I think it would be. You thought to yourself with a sigh in the end.

You carried your backpack and proceeded to the room you're staying. You shuffled through the contents of your bag and searched for the keys. Unlocking the door with ease, you closed the door behind you and flopped down on the soft bed. Every part of your body felt heavy and light at the same time as this comforting feeling lolled you into a deep sleep.

Who knows what will happen for as long as you stay here?

˖ ਏਓ ˖

༺ ˖࣪ ∗ ਏਓ ∗ ˖࣪ ༻