𐐒𐐚 19 : heightless hopes ˎˊ˗

•| ⊱ CHAPTER NINETEEN ⊰ |•

•| CHAPTER NINETEEN |•

❛❛ feelings are nothing but deceptions ❜❜

You let your miniature Xiao lantern sit on your palm as you waited for the adeptus to use his power to make the crafts float above.

He did the same, focusing the Anemo element on his right hand and slowly raising it to the sky while leaving a speck of the element on it so it would continue on floating.

There is no guarantee that wishes could come true, but the idea of magic and believing in something that could not be proven by anything feels like a fever dream when it grants yours.

Watching the Xiao Lanterns slowly fade out from the dark, endless sky, you felt a slight movement from your side. You immediately turned to the left and saw Xiao standing up.

"We're leaving already?" You asked, your eyebrows raised as you watched his actions. "It has ended now, what more is there to it?" He sternly replies, his arms crossed.

The amount of times he'd do this gesture  practically exceeds the numbers your fingers could hold up.

You frowned, "Fair enough." letting an airy sigh in defeat, you forced yourself to stand up from your feet even though it's completely against you from doing so. Throwing light, puerile tantrums while the adeptus watch on in annoyance is a payback for making you go back to the Inn so early in the evening.

Xiao only narrows his amber eyes at you, "I'm not forcing you to go with me."

"I know." You responded, the man further furrowed his eyebrows. "But I'm still gonna do it, because I want to be with you in every chance that I get." 

He only scoffs, "Don't let yourself get too associated with me, the karmic binds between us will only worsen and that will harm you in the long run."