𐐒𐐚 07 : a goner ˎˊ˗

•| ⊱ CHAPTER SEVEN ⊰ |•

•| CHAPTER SEVEN |•

❛❛ a figure vanishing suddenly ❜❜

"Where do you think you're going?" asked Xiao.

You scrunched your forehead, not able to tell if the adeptus in front of you is being serious or not. "Huh?"

"I asked you didn't I?" Xiao asked sternly, not budging any movement and stayed still in his place.

"I'm going to update the Boss Lady and get my Mora and have the rest of the day to myself." Your answer hinted with a bit of irritation. What was his concern for asking something like that?

Just as when you are about to turn away from him and continue walking inside the Inn, you felt a warm sensation from Xiao's hand. He grabbed you by the arm, making you halt from taking any step further. Your eyes widen into two full moons, your heart thumping louder and faster.

You tried to brush off his hand, but you knew you were defeated when he leaned forward to you again, just like what he did back then in the forest. Xiao pierced through your orbs with his amber tinted ones and examined each features of your face carefully.

You followed where his sight trailed off and you were confused when he suddenly let go of you and leaned on the balcony instead. A cold breeze broke through, his ebony hair ripple along with the wind as you tucked your hair behind your ear to get a clear view of him.

The adeptus looked back at you with a slight frown on his face; as if the frown he showed definitely says that he is troubled. Your eyes fluttered, feeling bad for deciding to leave the man hanging like that earlier.

"Stay here. . . For a while." He spoke calmly as he gazed upon the feathery clouds laying on the blue beds of skies. His bare arms rested on the wooden railings of the balcony, enjoying the sweet yet calming moment.

Those words that slipped out of his mouth are the words you never thought you'd hear from someone so cold and distant. It was heart warming, and so you found yourself walking beside him, admiring the view as well.

"I never thought you yearned for some company too." You said as a matter of fact. A silent pause enfolds between you two, not until he part his lips open.

"What do you do in your commissions?" He asked, much to your bafflement and irritation.

Ticked off from how he ignored and dodged your question, you decided to just shrug it off if someone solemn as him chose not to answer it.

You sighed, "Always food deliveries." accepting the bitter fact.

He slowly straightened his posture and looked at you. His arms crossed on his well-toned chest. "Wanna have some more fun commissions to do?" Xiao asked.

"Of course." You answered without hesitation. "Then you want to learn how to fight?"

You bat your eyelash, perplexed. You ask, making sure you heard it right. "How to fi-"

"Is that a no for an answer?" He cut you off, his arms further buried into each other, the frown on his face significantly growing.

Shaking your head countless times, his frown vanishes and said- "Let's go."

Xiao stepped towards you, every second that passed by made you nervous as he crouched down and carried you bridal style. You were astounded at how a not so tall man could carry you at ease. He looked at you to make sure you're fine but deep inside you knew to yourself that you're far from fine, and he got you squirming at his touch.

"Wait, why are you carrying me like this?" You asked, tugging on the fabric of his sleeveless shirt while your other hand held on to his nape.

He locked a glance with you and proceeded to leap towards the sky. You shrieked at the sudden movement, your face horrified as you noticed how high you are up above from the ground.

As soon as his feet met the land, he sprinted in a nanosecond taking you to a place who knows where. You screw your eyes shut, but couldn't help but to peek at the adeptus carrying you.

The wind was so strong from the speed of Xiao's sprinting and leaping, you tugged tighter on his clothing. You later notice his pace gradually become slower, in each of his steps at how the rustling of wind chimes into your ears.

"W-Why'd you slow down?" You asked, his eyes still set on the road not averting his attention to anything else.

"No reason." His nonchalant response made you snicker a bit. He's slightly bad at lying and it shows. You looked briefly at your surroundings, only to realize you are now in Dihua Marsh.

It was silent and spacious in this place, thus making it perfect for a training ground.

Xiao summoned his jade spear beside him and handed it to you. You dumbfoundedly took it and looked at it held with your own hands. Your jaw dropped, "Wait, what's the meaning of this? I can't take this I don't even know how to wield one!" You exclaimed and put the spear away from you, reaching it out to him.

"Oh? Is that so?" He asked and took the spear afterwards. You nodded vigorously and let out a heavy sigh, sitting down on one of the huge boulders to rest on for a bit.

Another day of tiring yourself to death when the dangerous events only just occurred yesterday. . . It honestly puts you at an unpleasant mood.

Moments later, you decided to speak about your honest feelings. And so you looked back up, scanning the surroundings only to find that Xiao is seen nowhere. You rubbed your eyes and slapped yourself to make sure you're not in some kind of dream while you flinched from the aching sensation.

"Xiao!" You screamed at the top of your lungs to call out to him, but you are left with no answer.

Now you're stuck here, not knowing what on Teyvat happened to the adeptus to dip like that, still perplexed on how you got tangled up in this scenario.

˖  ਏਓ   ˖

༺ ˖࣪  ∗ ਏਓ ∗  ˖࣪ ༻