𐐒𐐚 12 : xiao lantern ˎˊ˗

•| ⊱ CHAPTER TWELVE ⊰ |•

•| CHAPTER TWELVE |•

❛❛ wishes that shall be granted❜❜

Weeks passed, your interaction with Xiao slowly faded out. He went from saying just a few words in response to you until he no longer bats you an eyelid even for just a nanosecond.

The feeling of sadness grew inside you and ignited a little flame that made you remember that you were supposed to be knowing your past life then.

This flame kept burning in a steady pace, and motivated you to shrug off the issue with the adeptus and focus on yourself instead.

However, for the adeptus himself, he stood at one of his favorite spots still puzzled for three consecutive days. Xiao prevented making contact with you as he's scared of the feeling he will get again.

He was a stranger to fazing feelings such as romantic admiration to someone and that made him struggle from keeping everything genuine and real to you.

Xiao believed that there is a fine line that separates the mortal realm from the adepti's. That fine line serves as a fence that prevents adepti from meddling too much with the mortals, and he knew that he shouldn't cross that.

He sighed and leaped upwards, carefully landing on atop the roof of the Wangshu Inn. There he rested and glanced upon your trembling figure because of fatigue from delivering dishes everyday in a week.

You wiped the beads of sweat dripping down your face and shuffled through your pockets. The clinking noises of Mora cheered you up a little as you smiled sheepishly.

"Now I can buy some souvenirs for the Lantern Rite." You sighed in relief and imagined about everything you'll buy when the event finally comes. Just thinking about the lanterns floating in the glimmering dusk make you feel warm for no particular reason.