𐐒𐐚 21 : initiative introductions ˎˊ˗

•| ⊱ CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE ⊰ |•

•| CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE |•

❛❛ a new figure ❜❜

Xiao had been busy, in which your interaction with him slowly retrogessed in comparison of the days you spent together with him.

You understood his duty as a Yaksha and his gratitude deeply for the Archaic Archon that had retired already.

As much as it brings back dreadful memories of what Xiao used to be, he beared the feeling just so he could tell you what he knows all about himself.

It was rather a thoughtful gesture for sure, but there was still a hint of guilt deep down in you.

Here you are, participating in decorating the Wangshu Inn. It's not a commission by Verr Goldet, but taking part in this was solely from your will to volunteer.

Besides, this is where you reside in. It's not bad to be a part of recreational activities like these. Who knows, maybe one day you'll take Xiangling here, and the people you will meet in the near future.

Much to your surprise, a dozen of people participated too. You stood there astonished as people of unfamiliar faces come to the Inn, beaming a bright smile as they approach the Lady Boss.

"Good afternoon!" One greeted and bowed, and the other eleven followed.

Verr Goldet waved her hand, "No need for the formalities! Afterall we've been partners for hundreds of years already!" She chuckles shyly.

"Oh, I apologize! Force of habit it has been!" A muscular man said and scratched the back of his neck, looking away from the lady. "But formalities aside, you've grown to such a gorgeous lady."

Some people behind the man whistled and so mouthed 'ohh's. The timing is not the best, but there is nothing they could do about it.

"Oh stop it, Xiang. We're here to decorate and and repair the Inn, not to crack silly jokes." She replies, a bit flushed from the uncalled compliment.