𐐒𐐚 14 : saccharine moment ˎˊ˗

•| ⊱ CHAPTER FOURTEEN ⊰ |•

•| CHAPTER FOURTEEN |•

❛❛ sweet and sentimental ❜❜

"Yes, it's exactly what you think." Xiao said, sighing in the end. You quickly pulled away from him and looked at him with pure disbelief. Your jaw fell agape as to how he confirmed your suspicion towards him.

"You've gotta be kidding me!" You exclaimed, your heart beating faster compared to a dozen of horses speeding in a race.

Xiao cocked his eyebrow hearing your response, "What will I gain for deceiving a mortal I barely know of?" And from there, the shocking truth sank into you.

He was right, it's not like him to lie and you know well that he has better things to do than to fool other people in his free time.

You didn't know what to feel for his confession. Should you feel happy for he reciprocated your feelings or feel bad because the two of you are born into two separate realms on Teyvat and that will make your everyday difficult to live?

You gradually lost your cool as your mind kept on wondering what to do, and he noticed that too. Xiao kept on his slow pace of approaching you but prior to your mixed feelings you felt uneasy as the adeptus still approached you little by little.

"That's impossible, you are an adeptus and I'm just a no one but a hu-" The ebony haired put his finger on your lips to cut you off from your mindless blabbering.

Now that the gap has closed between the two of you, you found yourself sandwiched between the wooden wall and Xiao himself, preventing you to take a step further from him.

"[F/N]." Xiao broke the small pause, his voice deep and husky, tugging your hair behind your ear.

You breathed heavily as you kept on watching his actions one by one carefully.

"Look at me." He commanded and there he had you melted like a putty in his control. You glanced at the adeptus' amber eyes that showed nothing but truthfulness behind them, you can clearly see your reflection on his orbs.