𐐒𐐚 16 : plead and plea ˎˊ˗

    •| ⊱ CHAPTER SIXTEEN ⊰ |•

•| CHAPTER SIXTEEN |•

❛❛ on to the drastic measures ❜❜

"Will you come to the Lantern Rite with me tomorrow night?"

And with that question, Xiao felt his heart stop for a mere second.

He massaged his temples carefully and breathed deeply. Just from his actions, you know he's not going to grant you the favor you're asking of him.

"I'm certain you know for a fact that I dislike crowded places nor do I see any purpose of lighting up hundreds of lanterns and let them drift across the sky." Xiao's voice was stern and cold yet again and you were reminded from the days in which he barely noticed and talked to you.

A frown was then carved on your lips, disappointment painted all over your face upon hearing his answer.

However, there is still one last bit of hope you had inside of you. And that is the backup plan, "We don't need to come directly to the city, just around the harbor is enough for me, please?"

You fluttered your eyelash at him in hopes of making him give in and submit to your request. Clasping your hands together and forcefully closing your eyes shut, you pleaded, "Pretty please!"

A distinctive sound the adeptus let out, trying to contain inside the laughter urging to break out.

Xiao sneered at your actions and put his arms across his chest. He tilted his head slowly to the side, narrowing his eyes at you and putting a smug smirk on his face.

You followed with your eyes every action he made as your anxiety only grew.

This is the only time you see him smile, why did it have to be a snarky one? You asked yourself in the back of your head.