𐐒𐐚 30.2 : sweet dreams ˎˊ˗

A/N: I don't want you all to be sad.
( is the last chapter even sad ?) but anyways.
here it is. a happy ending. trust the process lol.

TW: Death

YOU DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING FOOLISH- EVEN IF IT KILLS YOU

YOU DECIDED TO DO
SOMETHING FOOLISH-
EVEN IF IT KILLS YOU.

Letting the opportunity of striking down Xiao slip away from your grasp, you instead pull him close to you with the warmest and tightest embrace you ever gave. You screw your eyes shut and gnaw at your lips, frustrated because even at the very beginning, you had no contribution for the adeptus.

A scorching pain suddenly strikes in your body, the mass of Karma elemental energy soon submerges into your body with a 20 Machs speed as you only quaver with fear and rage as to what's happening. You rack your head back and felt everything inside you being rearranged. The tremendous aura filling your body and the force that nonplussed your figure of a mere mortal who can't take much of said powers or abilities- everything was too much.

And so after a couple of seconds, your back crashed against the solid hard ground in which Xiao absentmindedly stood. He shakes his head frantically and sees you laying on the floor unconsciously.

Everything that tainted Xiao's body soon disappeared and was transferred to you instead. You wouldn't know what to do from the sudden turn of events. Was it supposed to end like this?

His gloved hands supported your back, holding you close to his warm body. His drowsy eyes shakingly examine your figure as he was growing worried about what happened to you. With each second that ticked, the more the guilt was eating him whole. He desperately calls out, "[F/N]! Wake up!"

Fury and disappointment strains the tone of his voice, his words stern as always but this time, it was only nothing but a facade to appear composed in front of you.

But instead, he was met with nothing but silence.

The silence gradually grew louder that bangs his ears and for once, he actually hated how silence is deafening to those who are desperate.