The Farewells I Give

Year 850

"That information should stay in this room. If it became public knowledge, there'd be chaos!" A man said.

"Yes, I concur. Regrettably, we can't let this get out till we fully get a grasp on the situation," The man next to him said in the stands as Pyxis rises.

"Shall we deceive the people once more? That's what you're suggesting, right? That we keep our citizens complacent and blind, as the late king did? If we do that, then by what ideals did we oppose King Reiss? What right did we have to seize his crown?" Pyxis asks the room as the men stay quiet with their heads down.

"Then we'll announce it," Historia speaks out in the middle chair, perking up her head.

"It's only fair. This information that people once knew, before my predecessor stole it from them. As the people of the walls, all of us will share the same fate. Which is why we must now unite as one and work together," Historia says with a stern voice as Armin and I look at Eren who has his head down.

'Hiding something, Eren?'

'So, the monsters we've been fighting for years, have actually been humans. They're known as the Subjects of Ymir, or Eldians, and we share a common ancestry. When the King structured these walls, before us now, 100 years ago, he had altered our memory using Titan powers. He brainwashed us into thinking that life beyond the walls was extinct. The found truth is, there are countless numbers of people that live beyond. I imagine that's where Reiner and Bertholdt were planning on taking both Eren and me. But, when it comes down to those Subjects of Ymir, they have a belief that we are a race of devils. The future holds an invasion upon the land we live on now in order to obtain the resources beneath us. Their plan began five years ago, when they used the Colossal Titan to breach the town Shiganshina within Will Maria. Funny to think...The people that I stand with today, are the people I may just end up killing...Back when Ymir, Eren, and I were kidnapped, Reiner had brought up another war coming our way...Is this what he meant?'

--------------------------------------------

"The article is already published, but is this really as credible as you say?" A man says, sitting with Levi, Peaure, Hange, and I.

"At the most, yes. It addresses most of the doubts in question we've had this whole time. I know it's not the truth we hoped for, but it's what we have," I say as I pour Levi a cup of black tea.

"'Precitate it," The man says.

"So, how are people taking the news?" Hange asks the man as Levi sips his tea, not by the handle.

"It's a mixed bag...Some just accept it, some laugh it off, some lash out at the military and insists it's all just a great conspiracy...Just like we feard...Things have become chaotic," The man adds as Hange and I sigh.

"Makes sense, but, there's nothing we can do to help it. Our job is to discover and report our findings. The taxpayers can treat that information with their free will," Hange says as she sips on her tea as I stare at the steam coming off of mine.

"That's something we've improved on since the King was deposed," I mumble as I feel Levi's cold eyes settling on me.

"I have to say, I couldn't be prouder of the work you've done!" The man smiles at us.

"Hm?" I hum slightly looking over to him.

"Not only as a citizen of the walls, but...One working stiff to another!" The man says as Hange blushes and sets down her cup.

"Uh- thank you," Hange says looking at me.

"Uh-huh. Then why don't you fluff us up a bit in the next article you write?" Levi sarcastically says while leaning forward on the table as Hange and I glare at him.