11 - Before Sunrise

Charles' POV

It was another day, going to work and signing everything I can before my hand hurt. It was kind of normal, since I assigned Camilla in a project on the other side of town. I hope that making her busy will help her to improve and get over about our Mom's death. 

"Sir, you have a call" Dylan said. 

"From who? I asked him. 

"It's Ms. Heather" he replied. Well, it's been awhile since I heard from her. 

"Charles..." she said. She sounded like something is wrong. 

"Heather, what's the matter?" I asked her. I sounded calm. 

"We're having a divorce." she said. 

"I thought you were doing fine." I replied. 

"We fight, I know it will happen, but he's getting worse." she cries. 

"Madison and I are always here for you" I said to her. 

"Thank you, Charles" she replied. 

"So what will you do now?" I asked her. 

"Well, I was gonna ask you if you can pick me up here. My parents don't know this yet, I can't just show up at home." she said. 

"I will tell Madison, I'll call later." I replied. I really need to tell this to Madison, since it's the right thing to do. 

I walked out of my office to see Madison, then I saw Alfred not far from where Madison's office is. 

"You are not required to be here everyday" I said to him. 

"I better be here for business" he replied. 

I just looked at him, and walked inside Madison's office. 

"Hey!" she said then she smiles

"Madison, I received a call from Heather. She's asking for our help." I said. She stopped smiling. 

"What happened?" she asked. 

"She's getting divorced, and she wanted me to pick her up from her place." I replied. 

"Okay, I guess you can go. You are best friends after all." she replied. 

"I will ask Luke to accompany me" I replied. I needed someone to be with so things won't be out of hand. 

"Okay" she replied. She looks worried, is she still jealous with Heather?

"We will leave early tonight and I guess I'll see you before sunrise" I replied. I walked to her and kissed her temple. 

"be careful" she said. 

-----------------------------------------

Madison's POV

Later that night, I put the kids to sleep then I texted Charles goodnight. I slept and decided to lose all the worries about Heather being around again. 

It's probably 2 am in the morning when I woke up. I looked at my bedside and saw Charles wasn't there. I decided to go out and maybe have some tea. I also took my phone with me to see 5 messages from Charles. 

From: Charles

Goodnight, I'll see you later. 

From: Charles

We had a problem with the car. It might take us longer. 

From: Charles

The car is fixed and we're on our way. 

From: Charles

We have arrived to Heather's place. We saw her husband, and we spoke for awhile. 

From: Charles

We're on our way back. See you. 

I went out of our bedroom and saw the light from Charles' office is on. The door is half open. 

I walk through the door and saw my mother with duct tape on her mouth and her hands are tied to her back. Her eyes are in tears, and she finally saw me. 

She started turning her head. She is warning me not to go in, but I did. 

"What's happening here?!" I said. 

Then I saw Joe, holding a bag and trying to open Charles' safe. 

"Joe" I said. My Mom started making noises. 

Joe pointed a gun to me. 

"I'm tired of being nice" Joe said. 

"What's going on?" Relina also came. She seems to be awakened by my voice.

"Oohhh!" she was shocked to see a gun pointing on me 

"You maid, don't move or I will shoot you!" Joe said. 

"Joe, stop this!" I said to him.

"Shut up you whore! You just married a rich guy and you think you're above everyone" he said. 

"What's the combination? give me the digits" he said. 

"I don't know, I never knew" I replied to him.

He grabbed Relina from her hair. She was in pain since he is pulling her. He pointed the gun to her. 

"Tell me, if you want her to live." he said. 

"I will call Charles, I will ask him." I said to him. 

"Alright, but be careful with what you're going to say or else I'll blow this maid's head off" he said. 

I dialed Charles' number. The phone is ringing...

He answered. "Hey, we're going home. Heather's staying in our apartment in Bellis"

"Charles, what's the combination for the safe?" I asked him directly. 

"Why are you asking?" he said. 

"I.... I.... just wanna know. "I started to sound kind of scared.

Relina fights with Joe. "Relina!" I shouted and Charles heard it. 

"What's happening?!" I heard Charles say, but I didn't answer and tried to help Relina. Relina wants to have the gun. 

I hurriedly said to Charles. 

"Charles, we're in danger" I said. 

"Luke called 911" he replied. I hurriedly went to help Relina with Joe I picked up a vase and hit Joe with it, but he is unstoppable. Then I heard a shot. I stopped for a while and hoping it wasn't her. Joe lets go of Relina. 

"No, no" I said, then I began to cry. Relina is bleeding. 

I went to her. 

"Thank you for treating me like family." Relina said. Then she finally lost her breath. 

I cried and cried. 

Then the police started coming and they surrounded Joe. 

"It wasn't me" he said. Then Joe shot himself to the head.