12 - Running Home

Charles' POV

It has been the longest two minutes I ever had when we finally arrived home that I hurriedly went out of the car and ran inside our home to look for my wife and kids.

The red and blue lights, the sound of sirens and a gunshot are indications that my life will never be the same again.

The moment I stepped at the front door, the police stopped me.

"Sir, you can't go any further." an officer said.

"My wife's up there! My kids are there I need to see them!" I shouted.

"We will get them, sir just calm down." he responded. But I can't just stay here and wait. I pushed the officer and proceeded to go upstairs as quick as I can.

"Sir!" he shouted, but I continued running upstairs.

I finally saw my wife, with her bloody hands holding Relina. She is crying, it was a different cry, the saddest I have ever seen.

Then there is a body covered with a blanket. " He shot himself to the head." another officer said.

I rushed to my wife and embraced her.

"Charles... she's gone. I can't believe she's gone." Madison spoke.

The police started picking up the bodies of Joe and Relina. Marianne, Madison's Mom is also released and she is in tears.

Marianne rushed to Madison.

"Are you alright, Madie? Are you in pain?" Marianne asked as she is crying too.

I let go of Madison for a while.

"I'm good, are you hurt?" Madison asked her mother.

"No, I'm fine. I'm glad nothing happened to you." Marianne said.

-------------------

Madison and her mother didn't want to stay in the hospital. They both wanted to go back home and have some sleep.

The police officers will come to our house soon, to get some statement.

Our kids, thank God, are not hurt from this unfortunate event.

"You should have security 24/7" Luke suggested.

"I think we should." I replied.

Luke really is a good friend, since he took care of the kids when the police took Madison and Marianne to the hospital earlier.

"Thank you Luke" I said to him.

"I don't mind at all, besides I'm their Godfather." he replied.

After some time, Alfred Nolan showed up at our home.

"I just came by to know that you are all well" he said.

"We're all good now." I replied.

"It's just for now." he replied. This guy angers me.

"It looks like you cannot protect your family." he said. It angers me even more.

"So are you blaming for what happened here?" I replied.

"Who else to blame? You didn't keep Helen before, what about Madison now?" he said.

"You didn't keep Helen either." I replied.

"I learned from it and it won't happen again" he replied.

I heard someone going downstairs.

"Charles" it is Madison's voice.

"Alfred" she said.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked her.

"Yes, I feel much better." she replied.

"I just came by to see if you're well" Alfred said to her.

"Yes I am, thank you." Madison responded. I held her hand tight.

"Well, it is good to know and see that you're well. I guess I will see you at work as soon as I expected. I must go" Alfred said.

Alfred left.

"It is very nice of him to check on us." Madison replied.

"Are you having nightmares?" I asked her.

"No, I don't. My life had been a nightmare. This one is just a chunk of it." She said.

"By the way, what are we going to do with Relina? Does she have any relatives?" She asked.

"Relina's parents died before she even worked here. We will have a funeral whenever you decide." I replied to her.

"I will miss her alot" she said. I hugged her tight and kissed her temple.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there." I told her.

"It's okay Charles, you came just the right time." she said. We kissed then we headed to our room.