15 - Terrible Night

Madison's POV

We arrived that afternoon, Charles already figured out everything. He always makes the decision when it comes to where we're staying, what place will we eat and who to speak. It looks like everything is controlled by him, and I just let him do that. On the other hand, who am I to decide with all of this? I did become Mrs. Charles Newman, but I haven't learned to be around the riches. 

"I want to take a nap" I said to him. Charles laughed at me. 

"Madison, love, there will be dinner with the other attendees tonight." he said. Oh, yeah the rich people have the catch up first. 

"I don't have anything fancy to wear." I said to him. 

"We got Zendric" he replied then he smiles. Zendric? Oh yes the guy who styled me before. 

"Ohh he's great" I replied then smiled. 

-------

Just some time after we headed to our hotel room, Zendric arrived. 

"Well hello, Mrs. Newman" he spoke. 

"Hello, Zendric it's nice to see you again" I replied. 

"Well we should begin" he said. He started showing me dresses, and asked me to fit them each of them. 

"Mrs. Newman you really have great curves, everything you wear fits perfectly." he said. 

We agreed on the green dress that looks stunning.

He started doing my make up. Then I thanked him for his good work. 

Lola, entered the room. She stopped for a moment when she saw me. 

"Yes, Lola?" I said to her. 

"You look beautiful, Mrs. Newman" she said with a smile. 

"Thank you" I said to her. 

"Ahhm, Mr. Newman is already at the hotel's restaurant, because a client insisted on meeting. He asked me to tell you to wait for him." Lola replied. 

"Okay, I should wait. " I replied. Lola nods. 

"Lola, you can go and have some rest I will be fine" I said to her. She looks like she's worried. 

"I'm fine" I said to her. 

"Well then Mrs. Newman" she then then she leaves. 

"I should go too," Zendric smiled and followed Lola out. 

-----------------

I waited for Charles for a long time already, but he is not coming back. I decided to go outside and look for him. There are few people walking on the hallway, then I proceeded to the elevator. Then the elevator opened and there I saw Alfred. 

"Alfred!" I said then smiled at him. At last I met someone I knew. 

"Madison" he smiles. 

"Do you know where the hotel's restaurant is?" I asked him. 

"I'm heading there too" he replied. 

"ohh yes, you are" I said. 

We both headed to the lobby. 

"Where's Charles?" he asked. 

"He is already there, he is speaking with clients" I replied.

We got inside the Hotel's restaurant and there are a lot of rich people. 

"Why did you stop?" Alfred asked. 

"I have never been in a place like this" I replied. 

"Then you must go on" he replied. I started walking and looking for Charles. There were no familiar faces. 

A waiter offered me a drink and I got on. 

"That girl in green, that's Charles' wife?"

"Yes, that the baby maker he had" I heard people talking. I can hear them, but I decided to go on and look for Charles. 

I saw him speaking to some men, then I poked him. 

"Hey, you look beautiful." he said then he kissed me. 

"Everyone, this is my wife Madison Baker, now Newman" Charles introduced me. 

"Nice to meet you" they said. 

"Madison, are you related to the Bakers from the West?" a man asked. 

"Oh no" I replied. They didn't speak again to me and continued talking to Charles. I felt a little embarrassed. 

I am having the worst night, dinner happened and I feel like I really don't belong here. Some girls are still looking at me and talking. I hated it, I hated it, but I stayed here for Charles. 

"Madison, are you alright?" he asked me. 

"I'm not, I'm having a terrible night" I told him. 

"Maybe we should go" Charles said. he said goodbye to the men he is talking with. 

"Madison, what is it?" Charles asked the moment we went out of the hotel's restaurant. 

"People there are talking about me" I said to him. 

"Let's just don't mind them. They are just bored in their life" he said. 

"I just don't want them to talk about you too" I replied. 

"Madison, that man right there is with his mistress, that guy over there is an alcoholic, that girl over there is a man before. Those people are not perfect either. We don't need to be afraid with what will they say. Besides, I don't care anyway." he said.

"Mr. Newman, Mr. Sawyer wanted to speak with you about your proposal." a man appeared from the restaurant. 

"Tell him, I'll be right there" Charles replied to the man.  

"But I don't fit there, I was just trying." I said to him. We both look serious. 

"It's just your first time to be here, Madison please don't be like that" he replied. 

"I should go" I said to him. 

"Let's go back inside" Charles said. I didn't reply and looked at him.

"I will just speak to Mr. Sawyer" he said.  I just walked away from him. 

I left Charles and he shouted my name, but I didn't turn back and continued walking away. I started crying, but I tried to stop it. 

On my way back, I saw Alfred. 

"Madison, what's the matter?" he asked. 

"Tell me honestly, do you think I fit here?" I asked him. He stayed silent. 

"That's a stupid question, c'mon let's have a drink" he said. 

"Where?" I asked him

"there's a bar here" he replied. 

"I can't," I said. He smiled still even if I refused. 

"Then just go with me and I will listen to you" he said.