20 - New Addition

Madison's POV

When we got home, Charles stayed silent. I wanted to know what he is thinking, I wanted to know what he feels about this. 

"Charles..." I broke the silence. He looked at me. 

"Are you alright?" I asked him first. He nods and continued looking far away. 

I embraced him. I wanted him to feel that no matter what, I love him. 

"Tell me what's on your mind" I whispered to him. Charles clears his throat. 

"The baby ..." he said. I don't know what to say to him now. 

"This baby is ours, and will always be ours" I said to him. He embraced me tighter. This child is our child, not anyone else's. 

"Yes, you're right." he said as he finally smiled. 

_______________

"Madison, what did the doctor say?" Mom asked. She looks really worried about me. 

"Mom, I'm fine." I replied with a smile. 

Her worry didn't end with just my words. 

"Are you sure?" she said. 

"Mom, I'm pregnant" I said with a smile. She stopped for a moment. 

"Oh my God!" she said then she hugs me. 

"How far are you already?" she asked. 

"Five weeks." I said to her. 

"You know what, when I told your Dad that I am pregnant with you, he was the happiest man in the world." she said then she started to get emotional. 

"Mom, there's no need to cry." I said to her. 

"You know what, I am just glad to know you're family is getting bigger. I just wish I was there when Margaret is having Artie and you having Alec." she said.

"Ooh Mom, now you have the chance to be with me this time." I said to her. We hugged again. 

At some point I am happy for us. I hope this stays the same. 

_____________

Charles and I stayed in our bedroom. It really feels awkward, I don't know what to say to him this time as he continued reading a book. 

"Charles..." I spoke, but I don't have any words to follow. 

"Madison, take a rest." he said. I lay on the bed and hugged him. He placed his arm around my neck while he continued reading. 

"I hope it's a girl." I whispered to him. 

I looked at him and he smiled a little. "I hope so too" he replied. 

"In a year or two, the house will never be this peaceful anymore. Three kids running and playing." I said. 

"Yeah, I imagined what it looked like." He said happily. 

_____________

That evening, we had dinner. It was a good evening, I just left everything behind. We will be happy here, I can make Charles happy here. 

"Eat your veggies" My mom said to Artie. 

"Yes, Grandma" he replied. 

Alec just continued giggling and making cute noises. It sounded like music. 

"Grandma, Daddy, Mommy, I finished my veggies" Artie said happily. 

"That's good Artie" Charles spoke. 

"I am going in!" I heard Camilla's voice. 

"Stop it Camilla!" It is Luke. 

Charles stood from his chair and walked a little until we all can see Camilla. 

"Charles! what are you doing with that woman still?!" Camilla shouted. 

"Camilla, calm down" Charles said. 

"Charles, you fool!" Camilla said. 

"Camilla please, don't make a scene" Luke is holding Camilla's arm. 

"What is this about?" Charles looked at Camilla. 

"Charles! You know that "wife" of yours slept with Alfred, yet you kept acting like she did nothing." Camilla said. 

My Mom looked at me. She didn't know what to say. 

"I will take the kids to their room now" My mom said. She carried Alec and held Artie's hand. 

"What is aunt Camilla saying?" Artie said. My mom didn't answer him and they hurriedly went upstairs to their rooms. 

"I'm sorry, Madison I didn't mean to say that to Camilla" Luke said. 

"Why are you apologizing to that whore?" Camilla replied to him. 

"Camilla, go home" Charles calmly said. 

"You should do something about this" Camilla replied. 

"Camilla, just go home" Charles said to her. 

"But look, she's a filthy whore and...." Camilla hadn't finished speaking. 

"Camilla, go out of my house now! I don't want you to say a word anymore." Charles said. 

I started crying, now Camilla had another reason to hate me even more. And Charles is the one stuck in the middle.

"You ruined our family, Madison" Camilla said before she leaves. 

"I'm really sorry." Luke said. 

Camilla and Luke left. 

Charles and I were the only ones left. 

"Don't mind her, she just didn't understand everything." Charles said to me. He wiped my tears and making me feel better. 

"I'm sorry for putting you in this situation. I didn't mean to...." 

"ssshhhhh... everything will be alright" he said to me.