Prologue

MADISON

Charles' mother called me tonight to meet with her. I cannot refuse this because I've been really trying to work things out between us. I can longer remember how many times I attempted to make a good impression to her. For a year, I tried to impress her so that she will like me. And until now I don't really understand why her heart hasn't soften for me. 

The gate was open when I got in. There were no sign of anyone. I parked in front of the house. I breathe deeply trying to calm myself from this situation. All the lights were on outside, but looking from the windows of the house, there were not lights on.

I grabbed the flowers I bought to give to her. Charles said that his mother likes them. I went out of the car and walked straight to the door. It took me minutes before I finally ring the doorbell.

No one opened the door. It was unusual, why would no one be around at this time. Where is Camilla, or the maid? It must be just me and Charles' mother, but she seems not inside. 

"Madam!" I shouted. I still call her Madam, because she refused me to call her Mom or mother.

I pushed the door a bit and it was open. Why would it be open?

I got inside the house, and it was dark inside. I continued walking when I stumbled and fell on the ground. The ground was wet, but not with water. I can tell it's not water, because it felt different. I grabbed my bag to get my phone to use as a flashlight. I opened it and there I saw, it wasn't water or juice, it was blood.

I screamed. I started panicking. Something might happened here, I am hoping that nothing happened to Mrs. Newman. 

And as I look back, with my flashlight on, there was Madam's body covered in blood.