14 - Going Somewhere

Madison's POV

It's been a week already since I stayed at home, good thing my Mom is here to help with the kids. I really appreciate what she's doing, and now I believed that she finally changed.

Maybe the fact that my sister's gone too made her realize everything and I am glad she did.

She also takes care of Artie even more, since I told her she's Margaret's child.

That evening, Charles arrived.

"Why are you home late?" I asked him as I remove his coat.

"We have a long meeting about the fund raising event that the client planned. And we need to go there." he said.

"When will it be?" I asked him. He changed his clothes before he finally replied.

"It's this Friday, we need to go to South Carolina for the event." he replied.

"What will happen there? I've never been in an event like that" I replied.

"It's an auction of items, mostly antiques, paintings and some other stuff that are sold by billionaires for donation" he replied.

"So you're bidding?" I asked him. He stared at me, I know that he is.

"If the item's interesting I would" he replied.

"Well, I should tell Mother about this." I said to him.

"Artie has a practice that Friday." I replied to him.

"What if we leave the kids with your Mother and the bodyguards. Let's go just the two of us" he suggested.

"I am going to be worried sick." I replied to him.

"It's just for a couple of days, we will leave as soon as we can." he replied.

"Okay, and this might be a second honeymoon for the two of us, right?" I said to him.

"Yes," he replied then he gave me a kiss.

"Consider it as a vacation, a short vacation from anything stressful" he said then he smiled. I really love his smile.

We went downstairs to look for my Mom. She is at the living room with Artie.

"Mom, we would like to ask you something." I said to her.

"Yes, what is it?" She asked.

"Marianne, Madison and I will be leaving for a couple of days and we would like to ask a favor if it's okay with you that you will take care of thr boys." Charles said.

"Sure, I'd love to. You two have fun for a couple of days. Don't you worry, I will handle everything." Mom replied.

"Thank you, Mom" I said to her.

---------------
That morning, Charles and I are getting ready to leave. Charles is carrying Alec and they are giggling.

"I will miss you little man" Charles said. Alec is laughing, he doesn't understand it well but he kinda think his Dad is funny.

"You don't have to call every hour, don't worry about anything. We are going to be fine here." Mom said.

I hugged her. "Thank you, Mom" I whispered.

"No, thank you Madie" she said.

"Hey Alec," I carried Alec from Charles and gave him to Mom.

"Thank you" Charles said to her.

"You're welcome, enjoy the trip." Mom said.

"Bye Artie" i said to him.

"Bye Mommy and Daddy" he said then he hugged me and Charles.

"Be a good boy" Charles said to him while he is tapping his head.

We got in the car and I waved goodbye from the window. It's been awhile since it's just Charles and I.

"Are there so many people attending?" I asked him.

"Yes, there are a lot of people from the West." he replied.

"Are there some people I know that will be there?" I asked him. He stayed silent for some time.

"Alfred will be there" he replied. I didn't say a word and changed the conversation.

"I don't have a dress to wear" I said to him.

"I got it" he replied then he smiled.