17 - Stone Cold

Madison's POV

I honestly don't know what to say, I don't remember anything that happened after Alfred invited me to drink. I'm such an idiot, I hate myself.

"Madison, let's go" Charles spoke again. I walked slowly; I don't have the energy to walk better.

I held on to Lola's arms as we walk. No one said a word, no one spoke. I start to wonder what's going on in Charles' head.

We entered the elevator, and still, no one said anything. I wanted to touch Charles, but I am afraid of his reaction. When we reached our floor I finally said something. "Charles...." I said like a whisper. He stopped walking for a while, but he didn't dare to look at me from his back.

"Lola, thank you for your help" Charles spoke.

"It's my job, Sir" Lola replied. Charles didn't say anything and continued walking until we reached our room.

"You can go now, Lola" Charles spoke again. Lola nods.

"I will see you tomorrow, Mrs. Newman" she said to me. Mrs. Newman sounded like a knife; I don't deserve to be called Mrs. Newman anymore.

"Get in" Charles said. His voice sounded like he is hiding his anger.

I run to him with all the energy I have and embraced him from behind.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember anything, but still I'm sorry" I said and I started crying again.

"Go get some sleep" he spoke. He breaks free from my arms and walked to the bed. He grabbed his luggage that is hidden under the bed.

"I will get another room for me to sleep tonight." He said. This is very much like him to me when his mother passed away, very cold and distant.

"You don't have to get another room, Charles" I said to him. He looked at me and I avoided his gaze.

"I need some time alone for now" he replied.

"Stay here Charles, I will just clean myself." I said. I totally lost my mind and decided to remove my clothes in front of him.

"I will get a long bath, I will be clean. You don't have to leave me here" I said. I grabbed his hand as I wanted to go to the bathroom.

I opened the shower and grabbed the soap from the rack and started cleaning myself.

"Charles, look at me! I'm going to be fine" I said.

"Madison stop!" he said. I started crying again, I feel so dirty and I think he looks at me like trash right now. He took away the soap from me and placed it back to where it is. As the soap from my body disappears, he grabbed a towel and wrapped me around it.

"Dry your hair, then go to sleep." He said calmly, but without any trace of the Charles who loved me.

"But please stay here with me" I said. He didn't answer as he guided me out of the bathroom.

"Madison, I can't stay with you here right now, I just can't" he said. I started crying and embracing him.

"I'm really sorry" I said. Charles breaks free from me again and grabbed his luggage. He didn't say a word again and just left the room.

I feel really bad, I hurt him again.

I started drying my hair as I look at myself at the mirror. I've been starting to be like my sister, not just physically, but everything she did. I don't want to be known like her, she's a smart woman with all her tricks. I don't want to be known like that.

And I know she feels sorry for me; sorry for me that she left me with all the people she messed with.

___________________________

I woke up late. I looked around the room and Charles is not back. Maybe he is still asleep.

"Mrs. Newman" someone knocked, it must be Lola.

I rushed to the door to open.

"Lola" I spoke.

"Mrs. Newman, Mr. Newman instructed me to accompany you in breakfast. You must be hungry already" she said.

"Thank you, I will just change my clothes" I replied.

After changing, Lola and I headed to the restaurant of the hotel. Still, some rich people are there and are looking at me.

"Just don't mind them" Lola said. She seems to know that most people in here are talking about me.

"What were you hearing about me?" I asked her.

"You don't have to know that Mrs. Newman, I have heard a lot about everybody" she replied. We sat down near the window of the restaurant.

"I will have pancakes" I said to her. She nods then left to order.

After we ate, I wanted to go to Charles.

"Lola, can you tell me where Charles is?" I asked her.

"I can't tell you, Mrs. Newman" she replied.

"Please, Lola I want to see him." I said. She started to feel guilty.

"He is in 509" she replied. "Thank you" I replied to her and left her instantly. I headed to the elevator and saw Alfred inside. I am shaking, I feel afraid.

"Madison..." he said, I didn't talk to him and the moment he stepped out of the elevator, I stepped in and pressed to where I am going. He didn't dare to say anything, his face is bruised and he deserves it.

The moment I reached Charles' front door, I started doubting whether I will knock or I will leave. I just stood in front of the door. I started thinking of words to say to him, but I am nervous.

The door started opening, and there Heather went out of the room. Why is she here?

"Oh Madison, how long have you been here?" she asked. She is already filled with makeup, dressed with a beautiful black short skirt.

"I just got here" I responded. "I just arrived earlier this morning" she said.

"Oh, Charles is in there" she said. She said then she waved goodbye.

"Madison..." Charles spoke. I don't know what to say, I have been bothered by every element in our lives.

"I just wanted to check on you, that's all." I said then smiled a fake smile then left. I'm still jealous of Heather until now. I hated her, I hate myself and I don't know what will I do.