1 - Living Hell

MADISON

"Charles, believe me! I didn't do it" I said to him. He is very sad, that I feel like he doesn't want to listen to me.

The moment I saw Mrs. Newman lying lifeless on the floor, Camilla arrived. She saw me with blood on my hands beside their dead mother.

She must've think I did that thing. I tried to calm her down, but she insisted that I did it. I am arrested by the police before I can ever had this chance to speak with Charles.

"Sweetie, you know I can't do that to your mother." I told him. He doesn't respond and doesn't even bother to look at me in the eyes.

"Charles, speak to me please" I said as I started to cry. Tears started falling from my my eyes hoping to hear him say a word.

He clears his throat. I wonder what he will say.

"Then who did this?" he asked. I don't know, I don't have any idea who did this to her. I don't have a clue for that.

"I don't know, Charles" I said.

Camilla arrived.

"I swear to God Madison, you will pay for this!" she said to me.

"Camilla, it wasn't me" I said to her.

"I'm no fool. I saw you, you were there!" Camilla yelled.

Charles held Camilla.

"Don't be like that" he said to her.

"You are defending your wife after what she did? She killed our mother, Charles wake up!" She said.

"Let the investigators do their job." Charles said.

"I will not sit around and wait for justice." Camilla said. I can really feel she's really mad at me. I can no longer say a thing. I started crying. This isn't meant to happen of I didn't respond to Madam's call.

I was allowed to go home for tonight. Charles and I got in the car and we remained silent, not saying anything to each other.

Just this morning we were happy, we already planned on going on a trip with the kids. We are still smiling and saying I love yous.

In a matter of hours, everything can go down. Everything will disappear and be memories.

"Charles, do you think it's me?" I finally asked him.

He didn't answer. I hope he doesn't think it's me.

"Let's have some rest." He said.

I stopped myself from crying. I can no longer look weak in front of him.

When we got home, Charles went inside our room. I decided to check the kids.

Artie is sleeping in his room. And I am glad that he thinks I'm his real mom and that he gets along with Alec.

Alec is at his crib sleeping peacefully. He is just a year old.

I headed to our room where I heard Charles is in the shower. I decided to take off my clothes and join him.

I opened the door of the bathroom and joined him in the shower. I embraced him. I was waiting for him to embrace me back, but he didn't.

After a minute he removed my hands around him and left the shower. I started crying again. Why does it feel like he believes I did it?

After showering, I wore my clothes and dried my hair. Charles also is dressed.

I got in the bed. I am waiting for him to be next to me, but instead he grabbed his pillow and left.

Now he doesn't want to sleep next to me.

I decided to go out of the room to find him. I wanted to know what he thinks of me. I wanted to know everything he feels right now.

I saw him inside the guest room. He was lying in the bed, but he's still awake.

"Charles, why are you here?" I asked him.

"I just want to sleep here tonight." he said.

"Please, don't think of me like a killer" I said to him.

"I don't think of you like that." he replied.

"Then why are you going away from me?" I asked him.

He didn't speak right away.

"Please don't tell me, that you feel I might kill at your sleep." I said.

"Madison, I lost my mother tonight. My sister thinks you killed her. Please don't make me more miserable today." he said.

I didn't respond. I just let him there.