25 - For Love

MADISON'S POV

There are so many people, talking about their latest purchased cars, their new homes and everything fancy you can think of. 

I am holding Charles' hand, because I don't want to lose him in this crowd. 

"You're holding me too tight" Charles whispered. 

"I can't lose you, it will be hard to find you here" I replied. We continued walking and there we saw Alfred in his blue suit. 

"I'm glad you made it" he said. He stares at me, and I just gave him a smile. 

"Madison, I apologize for what ..." he spoke, but I interrupted him.

"There's no need to bring it up" I said. I don't want Charles and I to think about what happened before. 

"Yes" Alfred replied with I fake smile. 

"Charles" Alfred greeted Charles then left us with a nod. 

"You really stopped him, that's cool" Charles said. 

"It's not cool" I said to him. 

We continued walking and walking. Some people greeted us, some don't, we cannot really start a conversation. 

"Should we stick with the rest of the security?" I said to him. 

"We can't, it's going to obvious with Alfred. I've been noticing that he is looking at us all evening" he replied. 

"I'm so tired of playing around with him. Maybe we should ask him straight, what the hell does he need?" I said. 

"He is complicated, he is not that simple" Charles replied. 

"Remember not to drink, you're pregnant" he whispered. 

"Yes, I will not drink" I assured him. 

Then there is Camilla. I started to feel something bad, I don't want to be in a fight with her. 

"Look at you two" she said. 

"How was it in your lover's party?" she asked me. 

I didn't answer. 

"Camilla, stop" Charles said. 

"Camilla..." Luke appears from the crowd. 

"I'm so sorry, Madie and Charles." Luke said. 

"Luke, why are you apologizing?" Camilla said. 

"Please, don't make a scene. It won't be good for all of us" Luke said to her. 

"Fine." Camilla said then rolled her eyes. 

Good thing Camilla left without making a scene. I really want to thank Luke for that. He never changed towards me. 

Then I started to feel the need to pee. 

"I will just pee" I said to Charles. 

He looked at Lola and from her face, she knows that I need company. 

"Let's go Mrs. Newman" Lola said. 

"I will be back" I told Charles. He nods and watched us walk to the inside of the yacht. 

--------------

Charles is all alone, and Alfred saw the opportunity to speak with him

"Charles" Alfred said

"Alfred" Charles greeted him back.

"I don't know what they saw in you, to love you more than me." Alfred said. 

"What do you mean?" Charles asked. He is confused with what Alfred is talking about. 

"Helen, then Madison. How can they be so into you?" Alfred replied. 

"Alfred, Helen didn't choose me. She chose Xavier" Charles replied. 

"Helen is a cunt, isn't she?" Alfred said. 

"She chose me, then you, then Xavier. She even had a kid with him. And you're raising the kid" he said. 

"Helen died, and she's Madison's sister. We don't have a choice, but to take care of her child" Charles replied. 

"Did you only love Madison, because of her face? Because she has the same face as Helen?" Alfred asked. 

Charles took a deep breath. 

"No, I loved her because she's  herself, she is Madison. It was different with her, I never felt it to anyone, even to Helen." Charles replied. 

"I fell in love with her too." Alfred said. 

Charles didn't answer, but he felt the anger. 

"But she only has an eye for you" Alfred continued. 

"I wish I met her first." Alfred continued then left Charles. 

------------

Madison is still not back yet. Then a man bumped into Charles and dropped his wallet. 

Charles picked up the wallet and was the calling the man. 

"Hey! Sir" Charles said, but the man didn't turn back. He followed the man to where he is going. 

He looked back and found that he is getting far from the security. He hopes that they saw him leaving his spot. 

The man went inside a room in the yacht and he knocked on the door. 

"Sir!" Charles yelled. 

"Come inside" the man replied. 

When he opened the door, he saw someone he couldn't imagine he will see again. 

Xavier La Traglia, alive. 

Xavier is holding a gun pointing to him. 

"Are you happy to see me?" Xavier spoke.