2 - Upside Down

CHARLES

After a few days, the investigators started giving us information regarding our mother's death. I still can't believe that she's gone too soon.

"Mr. Newman, we don't have enough evidence to prove that your wife is the culprit." he said.

"So who did this?" I asked.

"We still don't know, the place is all clear. We didn't find any fingerprint of the killer." he replied.

"What are you going to do next?" I asked.

"We will conduct further investigation and will dig deep about your mother." he replied.

"Thank you Sir." I said.

I know that Madison is not the murderer, but I still can't get over the fact that my mother is dead.

Camilla arrived shortly.

"What did they say?" she asked.

"It wasn't Madison, they didn't find any fingerprint of the murderer." i replied.

"Isn't it too obvious that Madison did it? She's covered in blood for God's sake." She replied.

"Camilla, I know you're mad about mother's passing, but please don't make it harder for all of us." I said.

"Charles, c'mon! Have you completely lost your mind? That woman might have done it, because our mother doesn't like her." Camilla said

"Calm down Camilla" I said.

"What is wrong with you, Charles? Marrying that cunt made you a fool." she said.

"Camilla, stop it. Go home" I said to her.

She left without saying anything. Good thing Madison isn't here to hear Camilla's rant.

Madison arrived home with Artie. She picked up Artie from the school. We haven't spoken all morning.

"Madison, the police arrived early this morning." I said to her.

"What did they say?" she asked. It feels a bit odd to speak to her after how I treated her last night.

"They say it wasn't you." I replied.

"It's really not me. I've been telling you that last night." she said.

"There were no other fingerprints found to find the suspect." I continued.

She kept silent. I bet she's mad at me. I don't really know how to settle this.

She left to look for Alec who is upstairs. I followed her to talk to her about things.

"Madison, I'm sorry about last night." I said to her.

"It's fine." she said.

"You sound that it's not fine" I replied.

"You ignored me last night." she said.

"Look, I'm really sorry." I said to her.

"Let's just talk later." she replied.

Alec is already sleeping so we couldn't talk here.

That afternoon, Heather came to visit.

"Charles, things happened so fast." she said.

"Yes, that's true"

"I'm really sorry for your Mom's passing." she continued. We talked for hours. She said that her marriage is not going great and that she wanted kids and her husband doesn't.

I really miss out a lot of things since Madison and I became together.

Madison saw us together.

"Charles, you didn't tell me Heather will visit." Madison said.

"Oh, she came by surprise." I replied.

"Hey, Madison. I'm sorry I didn't call before coming by." Heather said.

"It's fine," Madison said as she left.

MADISON

I saw Heather Pierce. Until now I still feel jealous about her and Charles' bond. It was like I feel nothing when she's close.

I decided to leave them. I better focus on taking care of the kids. I know things are not going well, but I still can't forget about them.

I wish Charles and I can talk the way we do before. I really need someone to talk to.

I called Luke. I really want to have someone to talk to.

Me: Luke?

Luke: Hey, Madi I heard about what happened. Are you alright?

Me: I am, I just don't know what to do about Camilla. She really hates me now.

Luke: Don't worry, I'll talk to her. You know she's a little impulsive.

Me: Thank you, Luke.

Luke: You better relax, don't let this situation ruin your sanity.

Me: Yes, I'll try.

Luke: You know that I will always be here for you. You can call me anytime you want.

Me: Thank you Luke, I'm really happy to have you around.

Luke: I have to go now, I still have a meeting. Let's speak later.

Me: Okay, bye.

I hang up. It was good to hear someone who cares for you. Luke and have known each other for very long and I am really comfortable talking about anything to him.

I decided to go back downstairs to ask if Charles or Heather wants a drink when I saw them kissing.