41) thomas's little sister - newt/thomas

This is a request!! Yayayay. there isn't going to be a romantic interest in this one. It's more like imagine you're Thomas's little sister and you grew up with the boys and escaped the maze with them.
————————————————————————

"Hey" you greet with a small smile and a wave as you pass boys and girls on your way to your hut.

Your dog ace rubs up against your leg as you two walk. his long tail happily wags back and forth hitting you in the leg.

Pushing open your door you step inside, quickly shutting it. You rest your head against the cool wood. A tear runs down your cheek.

today is the anniversary of newts death.

you now live in a small community in paradise with your brother and the rest of the remaining gladers. It's been 2 years since newt passed and even though you're finally free from the pain and suffering of the trials, the pain will never be fully gone without newt being there with you.

you walk over to the small table in the corner of the room and pick up the teddy bear he gave you during your first week in the glade. a small smile graces your face as you remember what he said when he gave it to you.

~*~

You sat on the floor of the glade in a patch of flowers. your fingers were filled with cuts from the thorns on the stems of the flowers but you didn't care.

You were determined to make a flower bracelet for every glader in the glade.

Your eyebrows were furrowed in concentration and you pursed your lips.

"y/n" a voice says from behind you causing you to jump

Turning around a large smile graces your face when you spot newt.

"oh hi newt you supwised me" you always had trouble pronouncing your rs and ls and the other gladers would always tease you for it.

"what are you doing?" He asked sitting down next to you.

"I'm making fwowew bwacewets fow evewyone in the gwade" (I'm making flower bracelets for everyone in the glade)

"I was looking everywhere for you, next time you run off make sure you tell me first. I don't want something to happen to you" he gently reprimands

"something won't happen to me, I have you and Thomas to pwotect me" you say stubbornly

newt lets out a little chuckle.

"well on that note I have a surprise for you"

Your eyes widen and you perk up.

"You do?!" You ask excitedly.

"mhmm, but before I give it to you, you have to promise to always take very good care of it" you nod your head enthusiastically

"Okay" he pulls out a teddy bear from behind his back, you gasp.

"This is Sammy. One Day Thomas and I won't be there to protect you but Sammy will be"

You frown in confusion. "Why won't you and Thomas be thewe to pwotect me?"

Newt sits down and pats his lap. you waddle over there before sitting on him. He takes out your pigtails and starts braiding your hair.