36) secretly a genius- gally

hey guys do me a favor and 1) vote 2) leave a comment saying what kind of imagine I should write next.
——————————————————————

Everyone has a different reaction when they first enter the glade.

Some people go running, others ask a million questions, one person even fainted.

so what did you do?

You said absolutely nothing. instead of asking questions you scanned the area taking in your surroundings.

you figured out based on the boys clothing, living situation, and giant walls that the boys were living in the glade. based on the conditions they were living in you determined they were stuck here and that the large gaps in the walls weren't necessarily exits.

Every other question answered when you went on the tour.

the boys quickly assumed from your lack of speech that you were dumb or mentally stupid.

they figured you didn't understand what they were saying from the 0 responses you gave them and the blank look in your eyes

you let them think you were stupid. You figured proving them wrong would make your life more difficult.

Because they thought you were dumb they didn't bother talking to you, Alby didn't give you a lot of work, and you barely had to do anything.

since you didn't have a lot of work you always finished working before everyone else and would walk back to your separate cabin and read books the creators sent.

from the books you gained a lot of knowledge and taught yourself many things.

Life was easy and you enjoyed it. However, there were a few down sides.

1) some of the gladers decided to bully you 2)with no one bothering to spare you any time out of their day you became Lonely.

~present~

"Oh, so the troponin and tropomyosin are the reason actin and myosin don't bind. However, calcium binds to troponin to pull tropomyosin away so actin and myosin can bind" you say out loud.

you finished working two hours ago and have been reading a medical book in the deadheads.

Out of all the subjects you've read about, science is your favorite.

Everytime you read a book you take notes in your notebook . By rewriting the information in a way you can understand you end up learning the information easier.

Glancing over to the tree on your right, you notice the size and location of its shadow and determine its 5:50 which means you should start heading to the homestead for dinner since Frypan always starts serving at 6:00.

Closing your notebook. you brush off the dirt from your bum before starting to head back.

Your knees ached as you walked, today Alby had you cleaning toilets which lead to you kneeling on the hard floor for hours.

A light breeze swayed through the trees creating goosebumps to form on your skin.

"The muscles around my hair follicles are contracting" you mumble to yourself reciting the information you learned.