44) body hate - gally

Omg another request 🙌 hope y'all enjoy this.
————————————————————————

TW: character hates her body and skips meals. If you have an eating disorder or have suffered from one I suggest you skip this imagine

pulling the large sweater over your body you tug at the sleeves.

the large sweatshirt belongs to your boyfriend gally which whom you've been dating for as long as you can remember.

You quickly tie up your hair before sauntering out of your room and down to the middle of the glade to meet Alby and newt.

unlike the other gladers you had a very specific job that no other glader had, you made clothes and other materials out of fabric.

Now others may think you do it because you're the only girl, that's not the case. You simply were the only one who remembers how to do it, from taking measurements, sewing, cutting, etc.. and you were damn good at it.

The job might not seem that important but it was. The glades temperature was always changing from being too hot one day to too cold the next, which meant the gladers were always switching clothes.

the clothes you had were the clothes that you were wearing when you came up in the box and the 5 or so shirts given to the glade by the creators.

The 5 shirts the creators sent were for the 50+ boys in the glade to share.

On top of that the boys were always growing, and their jobs meant that the fabric was quickly torn down and holes were easily made.

in order to keep the boys from freezing, overheating, and or walking around naked you would make them clothes.

each job required different clothing depending on the level of work.

For the trackhoes and builders you made special pants that had padding on the knees for when they were on their knees doing work all day. For the runners you made clothes that allowed easy movement for running but would also either keep them cool or warm depending on the weather.

But you didn't just make clothes, you also made blankets, pillows, backpacks, etc... anything with Fabric you could make.

Which is why you're heading down to talk to newt and Alby . They had a list of things they need you to make and asked to meet in the middle of the glade.

"Newt.. Alby " you call out approaching them

"Y/n, about time" Alby sighs looking at the old watch on his hand

"sorry" you shrug sheepishly

"whatever, newt do you have the list" Alby turns to newt.

"Yea, let me see..." newt flips through the clipboard in his hands.

"Here we go. Here is the list of the things we need" he hands you a page before looking for another

"And here is where I need you to mark down the materials you use so we know what to ask the creators for if we start running out of everything" newt explains.

One thing you have always appreciated about newt is how organized he is.

Your eyes scroll the list and they widen a fraction of a bit.

30 coats 
20 blankets
10 pillows
2 pairs of running shoes
7 pair of gloves for the trackhoes
19 pair of pants

"This is a lot, are you sure we need this much?" You bite your lip as stress begins to bubble in your stomach

"yes, we went around asking the different gladers what clothes they need and then with the temperature dropping we realized many of the boys don't have any cold weather wear" Alby answers