33) never got the chance- newt

This is a request Yayayay. This is a sad one just letting y'all know. You're probably going to hate me for the ending but this is what the reader wanted so....

Also look at the guy in the photo how have I never seen him before he's 😘👌.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"you are surely mistaken" you say taking a sip of water and passing it to Newt. A smirk makes it's way onto his face. you watch his eyebrows raise in amusement.

"is that so?" he replies trying to fight back a smile

"indeed it is" You finish, your pearly white teeth on display from the big smile gracing your face.

"what are you two talking about?" Minho asks walking up to you two plopping down next to newt.

"they are arguing if water Is wet" Thomas answers from his spot on the floor.

"water isn't wet though" Minho says confused "what's there to argue about?"

"water is wet" Thomas argues. "tell them y/n" he demands looking over at you for help.

"water is wet" you shrug.

"it's not though" newt says looking over at you a challenging look in his dark brown eyes.

"it is. when something is wet it has water on it, right?" you ask

"yes, that's why water isn't wet it can't be on itself". newt finishes.

" but if you look at it on a molecular level water molecules are bonded on top of each other so water is on top of water making it wet. one water molecule alone isn't wet but when they touch each other water is wet" you smirk seeing the reaction of the boys faces.

"how do you know so much about water molecules or molecules in general?" Thomas asks.

"when I escaped wicked I traveled around a bit before meeting you guys in the desert. during my travels I met people with different knowledge and I found different books" you explain, "In fact I have a few diaries you guys can read if you want. I filled them with notes on everything I learned.

"I will have to check them out" newt says, a light blush appearing on your face.

"okay well as interesting as that sounds I'm going to pass. right now I'm going to head to bed and you all should too. tomorrow we wake up early on our quest to find the right arm" Minho announces with a big yawn.

"good night guys" Thomas says joining Minho.

"you coming?" newt asks, noticing how you haven't made an attempt to get up.

"I think I'm going to stay up for a bit" you tell him a light smile on your face.

"I will join you then" he states sitting right next to you.

the two of you sit in a deafening silence not knowing what to say.

"so y/n tell me about yourself before I met you" newt says glancing at you his eyes full of curiosity.

"well like you and the Gladers I was part of a maze. It was only girls, our maze was under ground. there was a hole and we had to climb down a ladder to get inside. the maze was pitch black so we would have to use torches to find our way around. unfortunately the light attracted monsters we called ratchers" you stare off into the distance remembering the past. digging up memories you tried hard to forget.

"besides the maze it wasn't all bad. Just like you and the Gladers me and the rest of the girls were close. we were like family. Except one of them was my family. I had a twin sister named jillian. she and Minho would have got along great" you say a tear unconsciously dripping down your face.