Chapter 44

Tony’s POV

“Hey Emi, you awake?” I walk into Emily’s room and crawl into her bed. She rolls over and wraps her arms around my neck. I laugh when she lets out a yawn.

“TT, quiero volver a dormir.” Her eyes are still closed

“I know mi amor. But we’re going to the water park.”

Her eyes open wide and her sleepiness is gone. “We are?!”

“Yup.” I smile at her and she squeezes her arms tighter around me.

“Are Donny and Evie coming?” She’s so excited.

“Yup.”

“Oh, this is so exciting!” Emily jumps out of bed. “I gotta find a swimsuit.” She starts digging through her pink dresser.

I crawl out of her bed then walk towards the door. “Evie and Donny are going to be here in an hour.” I pause because Emily is too busy digging through her dresser. “Emily?”

She doesn’t respond.

“Emily.”

“Yes TT?”

“I want you to also pack a towel and sunscreen, okay?”

“Okay.” She goes rummaging through her stuff again. I close her door and take a quick shower. I throw on a pair of swim shorts and a green shirt. When I go to the kitchen to pack a small lunch, I find a small note on the kitchen counter.

Buenos dias mis hermosos hijos! (Good morning my beautiful children.)

I’m working today but I hope you guys enjoy your day at the water park. I should be home around 10. Love you both.

Ma

p.s. I left some money for you guys. Have fun!

I look under the note and there’s a $100 bill. I tuck it in my wallet and start putting a few snacks into my backpack.

“Hey you.” I look towards the front door and see Evie coming in my apartment.

“Hey!” I zip up my backpack and set it on the dining table. Evie is wearing a pair of red shorts that go over her waist and hug her thighs. On top, she’s wearing a black and white polka dot tank top and her matching bikini top is peaking out at the sides. Her hair is braided back into two french braids and she’s wearing a hint of lip gloss. My thoughts go south and I think about my mouth clashing over hers.

“Look at my swim shorts!” Donny pushes past Evie and he’s wearing swim shorts with dolphins on them. “My mom got these for me.”

“Nice lil man. You wanna go see if Emily is ready?” Donny goes sprinting down the hallway. I walk over to Evie and she kisses me.

“You look good,” she says.

“Thanks.” I kiss her and don’t want to let her go. “You look pretty sexy yourself.” Evie kisses me again and my hands are still locked around her waist.

“You gonna let go of me?” She teases.

“Yeah.” I blush a little but don’t let go. “In a minute.” My lips find hers again and my hands slide down her waist.

“I don’t want us traumatizing Donny again,” she whispers against my lips.

I finally find the willpower to let go and walk to the dining table. “You hungry?”

“No.” Evie follows me to the table and sits down. “My mom made us breakfast. And I packed some snacks.”

“How is your mom?”

“Eh. She’s still ‘dancing.’” She uses air quotes. “But she hasn’t brought anymore slobs home so that’s good. I don’t know. I’m just focusing on myself and Donny. Whatever she chooses to do with her life is her problem.”

“Mm.” I nod. “At least she’s okay.”

“We’re ready!” Emily comes running down the hallway in a bright pink swimsuit.

“Um.” I look at her. “You need to put some clothes on top of your swimsuit Em.”

“Fine.” She drops her towel and sunscreen in the living room and Donny comes down the hallway.

“You ready Donny?” Evie asks.

“Yup.” He waits by the door and soon we’re all ready to go.