Chapter 33

Evie's POV

I roll over a few times in bed before I wake up.

When I open my eyes, I'm confused. I look around the room and it takes me a moment remember that I'm in Tony's bed. The alarm clock reads 7am.

I peel the blankets off me and quickly make Tony's bed. I'm about to walk down the hallway when I remember I'm only wearing a shirt and underwear.

All of Tony's clothes are too big for me but I finally find a pair of sweatpants with a drawstring. I tighten it as best I can then make my way to the bathroom.

Quickly, I brush my teeth with Tony's toothbrush then wash my face. I still feel so tired. And even worse, I have to confront my mom today.

When I get to the kitchen, Donny and Emily are already up and they're drinking orange juice at the dining table.

"Hey guys." I yawn then give both Emily and Donny a hug.

"Where's my hug?" Tony calls from the kitchen counter. I roll my eyes then wrap my hands around him from behind.

He's chopping up bits of bacon, bell pepper and tomato.

"Omelettes?" I mumble into his back.

"Yes mam."

I go to the fridge and pour myself a cup of orange juice. "Do you need help with anything?"

"If you could make some toast," Tony says. "The bread's in the pantry."

I take the bread out and and throw four slices in the toaster. "Anything else?"

"That's it Evie. I should be done in 5 minutes."

I put down four plates then sit down at the table with Emily and Donny.

"Evie?" Emily asks.

"Yes?"

"Tony is taking me and Donny to go see a movie after breakfast. Are you gonna come with us?"

"Sure. I'd love—

"Actually Emily, she can't." Tony walks up to the table and puts down a plate of bacon and a plate of toast. "She has to go talk to her mom after breakfast but maybe she can meet us at the mall later."

"Oh. Okay." She looks disappointed.

I glare at Tony. Who the hell is he to tell me what I'm gonna do?

He raises his eyebrow at me then returns to the kitchen and is back a minute later with four omelettes.

We start eating and it’s of course it's amazing. I can't even bring myself to be mad at Tony right now.

“Can I please have more orange juice?” Donny holds up his cup.

“Sure lil man.” Tony gets up to fill Donny’s cup and Donny turns towards me.

“Are you mad at mama?” Donny asks me.

“Yupp.” I keep eating.

“Why?”

Donny and his 21 questions.

“Because.” I drink some juice.

“Because why?”

“Just because Donny okay?!”

“Geez mamas.” Tony puts Donny’s juice down in front of him. “Don’t yell at my lil man.”

He sticks out his fist and Donny returns the fist bump.

Donny smiles from ear to ear then sticks his tongue out at me.