Chapter 30

Tony’s POV

Crap.

As much as I love Evie sleeping on me, I realize that I need to move her so I can get up and get some water for the pills I have to take. I thought that I would be fine today, but after making breakfast and helping Donny and Emi, my arm and my side are throbbing.

I try to wait it out, but the pain is becoming unbearable.

"Evie. Evie, wake up." I nudge her with my arm and instantly regret it as pain shoots up my wrist and into my arm.

"Huh?" I love watching her wake up. She blinks a few times and then turns around to face me.

"I need to get up." Ow. Damn, even talking hurts.

"What do you need? I'll get it for you." She stands up and stretches and I can't help but notice how good she looks. 

"It's the pill bottles in my room and just some water." I watch as she nods and then walks down the hallway to my room. 

She comes back a minute later with the bottles and a small blanket from my room. She disappears into the kitchen and grabs me a glass of water. 

She watches me as I down the pills and the water, and when I'm finished, she climbs back into my lap with the blanket and rests her head on my chest. 

"You're probably the best pillow I've ever had," she says into my shirt

I laugh to myself and start playing with her hair. It always smells so good. Kinda like coconut and berries or-

"Tony?" Evie's voice breaks my train of thought

"Mhmm?" The medication is starting to kick in and the pain in my arm is going away.

"I just realized I have work today. Like, in an hour."

"Aww man, Evie." I'm actually really disappointed. I sleep better when she's around.

"I know." She gets up, lifts the blanket and places it over me on the couch. "You'll be okay today, right? After I leave?" 

"Yeah. If Emi needs anything I'm sure she'll wake me up." The medication is making me drowsy and sleep sounds so good right now.

"Mkay." Evie bends down to kiss me on the cheek. She runs a hand through my hair and traces the scar above my eyebrow. "Get some rest okay? I'm gonna take Donny home."

"Mhmm. Thanks for today Evie." 

"Of course." She turns to get Donny and I'm out before they make it out the door.

"TT! You gotta get up now! Remember?" Emi is nose-to-nose with me when I wake up.

"Whaa?" I rub my eyes and sit up. 

"Donny told me about the plan! The one you told him about for today?" Emi stares at me with her wide brown eyes

Crap. "What time is it?" I fumble around for my phone and finally pull it out of my pocket.  It's 3:55 p.m

Earlier today when I was whispering to Donny, I told him that I wanted to make dinner for Evie and him that night. He told me his mom had work and that he would help me make it a surprise. I told my mom about it last night and she told me she would help me make some of it. 

I wanted to do something for Evie for once. She's been through hell with me these past couple of days and I wanna make it up to her.

I slowly get to my feet and I realize that the noises I've been hearing are coming from the kitchen.