Baby on board

Off the coast of Spain.

Oklahoma walked on her forward deck, looking around at all the refugees on her, they all were scared, but relieved that they were leaving the war zone that was Spanish civil war.

"These people are terrified." 

Okie looked over, seeing an old couple crying in each other's arms as her heart wrenched in her chest.

Suddenly she heard a woman's scream in agony as Okie instinctively ran towards the sound. 

Heading below decks, Oklahoma saw a pair of crewmen carrying a pregnant woman down the hall.

"Get her to the medical bay now." The ship's doctor followed closely behind them, when he spotted the platinum blond.

"Is everything alright doc?" Oklahoma asked, following the doctor as he quickly made a request.

"This woman's going into labor, I need warm water and clean rags brought to the med-bay." Okie just nodded her head and took to her task swiftly. 

The screams echoed through the blackheads, causing the dreadnought to scramble wildly. Getting everything asked of her, Oklahoma sprinted back to the medical bay.

The woman was still crying in pain with her legs perched up, it was just the doctor and his assistant.

"I got ya' everything ya' asked for doc." Oklahoma set down the buckets and rags down as the doctor turned to her swiftly. 

"I'm going to need your help to deliver this baby." The blonde's eyes widened suddenly as she didn't know what to say.

"B-But I'mma a war-ship, I don't know nuthin' about no babies!" The doctor just shook his head.

"I need you to comfort her, tell her to just to keep breathing." Okie swallowed deeply, walking to the side of the table and taking the pregnant woman's hand into hers.

"Doc's says ya' doin' fine hun, now just keep breathin', ok darling?" The woman's fearful eyes softened as she looked into Oklahoma's reassuring ones.

"It's crowning, she needs to push!" The Doc yelled, causing the woman to scream again.

"Come on now, breath and push darling!" Oklahoma called out as she squeezed the woman's hand in hers.

The shrieking came to an end as a meek crying began in it place.

The doctor held the baby up as he handed her to Oklahoma.

"Congratulations it's a baby girl!"