Hood's End

Denmark Strait...

May 24, 1941...

"Ventis Secuntis!" The glowing pride of the Royal Navy, Battle-cruiser H.M.S. Hood announced loudly, sailing ahead of the Battleship H.M.S. Prince of Wales as the two cut through the icy cold waters of the Denmark Strait.

Days earlier the Admiralty had dispatched the pair in hopes of dealing with the German menace of the north sea as it was a large sea to search.

Not to far away two German warships sailed the freezing waters, they had been told of a British presents.

"Brrrr, it's cold." The heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen lead the formation, behind her the pride of the Kriegsmarine.

Battleship Bismarck.

"Shhhhh Prinz!" The taller blonde barked suddenly as a smile crossed her face.

"Ve got zhem!"

Hood sipped her tea quietly as Prince called out to her over the radio.

"Hood, it would appear that we have misjudged our approach! The Germans have crossed our T! We've been outmaneuvered!" The famous ship sat her tea cup onto a small plate on her rig, speaking calmly.

"Steel yourself Prince, we are the Royal Navy and we do not frighten easily." Hood, falling back on World War I thinking believed the lead ship to be Bismarck, the capital ship traditionally leading the formation.

"We train our fire of the vanguard! Prepare to open fire on Bismarck!" Hood yelled orderly as her rig swung into action.

"Hood... wait..." Prince of Wales spoke up as she scanned the horizon.

"Distance 26,500 yards! Angle 40 degrees!" Hood gave the order and begun the battle by opening fire on Prinz Eugen.

"Train your fire on the rear guard!" Prince, having already identified the trailing German vessel as Bismarck cut loose with her 15"in guns.

Shells splashed all around the German ship-girls, causing the British to adjust their fire.

"What do you think you're bloody doing Prince?!" Hood barked viciously, her eyes fell on Wales.

"Prinz is the vanguard!" Prince yelled wildly as a look of horror crossed Hood's face.

"Bloody hell! I was firing at the wrong ship!" Hood gritted her teeth, turning her attention to her proper target and disgusted after wasting precious salvos of 15" shells on Prinz.

"We need to close the distance..."

Hood knew her weak deck armor wasn't a match for plunging fire so she raced to hug the enemy as it wasn't any safer.

She hoped her thick belt armor could take the brunt of the damage as Hood approached at an angle to try and help bounce incoming shells, but there was a problem with Prince again.

"Hood! One of my guns is unserviceable! It's unable to fire!" Prince shouted over the radio as Hood balled her fist.

"This Jutland all over again."

"Calm down Prince, sail close to me! Match my movements and speed!" Prince nodded as she knew this would aid their gunners, allowing them to precisely time each other's salvos to avoid mistaking one another's fire.

"Training savo!" Prince of Wales' modern Fire Control computer controlled the gunfire for both ships as they both unleashed hell.

Prince scored first blood against Bismarck as a shell stuck the mighty German battleship putting her seaplane catapult out of action.