West Virginia's Reckoning II

It was way past midnight now as West Virginia slowly walked back into the military installation of Puget Sound.

Soaked from head to toe and hungry, the red-eyed girl looked up shamefully at her sister ship.

Maryland stood in the middle of the lobby smiling in red pajamas as West's right hand gripped her left elbow coyly.

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up and fed WeeVee." Maryland took her sister's hand softly as the red-haired girl led her weary sister down the hall.

Maryland opened the door to the bathing room to find California and Nevada standing in front of a hot bath, waiting.

"Don't be stubborn you ol' battle barge, get over here!" California laughed lovingly as she quickly started pulling West Virginia's dirty clothes from her body.

"CALI!" West Virginia spat in surprise, putting up minor resistance.

"Hmm!" Nevada sat back staring at West Virginia skeptically as she checked the water for the right temperature.

After getting fully cleaned, the mountain girl was pulled out of the tub, dried, dressed in black P.J.s and sent to Tennessee.

The dixie girl smiled, putting a hot bowl of stew and buttered bread in front of her as West Virginia held back more tears.

"T-Thank y-you..." The red-eyed girl whimpered, taking the spoon and started eating the hot, delicious food. Tennessee left her to eat in peace as West Virginia quickly wiped away more tears.

After finishing her meal, West Virginia sat back with a full belly as she sighed lightly.

Suddenly Nevada showed up in the doorway, thumbing her way down the hall.

"Come on." The blonde walked away as West Virginia slowly got to her feet and followed her.

The two walked silently, when Nevada spoke up.

"How was Okie?" The blonde-haired girl murmured as she didn't look back.

"Right behind me...." West Virginia whispered, following Oklahoma's sister ship.

"Well, this is us...." Nevada turned and smiled half-hazardously, opening the door to Maryland's bedroom.

The mountain girl looked in and saw all of her battleship sisters waiting for her in the small room.

The room was awfully crowded as all the ship-girls welcomed her in.

Maryland smiled happily, showing West to her bed as West Virginia was completely spent now, slogging over, she just laid down and rolled over.

Her sister ship suddenly threw a heavy torpedo net on her as West looked over with a sneer.

"What's that for?" West Virginia snarled as she looked back at her sister angrily.

"You might have a little trouble sleeping tonight and Mama Sound said this would help." Maryland said softly, tucking her sister in.

The mountain girl suddenly threw her bedding off and jumped to her feet.

"Why do you all keep going on about this Puget Sound? Mama Sound this, Mama Sound that?" The US girls all looked at each other as Tennessee spoke up.

"Do you still have nightmares?" The dixie girl asked as she gripped her cross in her hands.

"Oh you mean about being sunk? Yeah! All the goddamn time! It happens almost everytime I shut my eyes! WHY ASK!?" West Virginia demanded answers as she looked at every single one of her sisters standing in the room. This might have been cute in front of Puget Sound, but it wasn't funny now.