Sisterly love

New York city harbor, early 1912.

"Hey Kid! Get your ass down here, your sister's gonna be here any minute!" The harbor-mother Brooklyn Yard yelled up a set of stairs.

"I'll be down in a second!" Yelled back the young Dreadnought U.S.S. New York, staring at herself in the mirror and her hat.

"So today I meet my little sister huh?"

New York had known about her sister Texas, but had never met her, having been built by the Virginian Yard-mother, Newport News.

Soon the two were waiting just outside the docks as a bus came to a stop.

The door opened as a loud southern voice came from inside.

"Safe travels y'all and thanks for the ride mister!" A blonde girl thanked the passengers, tipped her hat to the driver, and stepped off the bus. 

"Howdy Miss Brooklyn!" Texas smiled widely, missing her two front teeth and stood in front of her older sister.

"I'm New York." The black-haired girl held her right hand out to shake, frowning sternly.

"Haaaaa! Sisters don't shake hands! Sisters gotta hug!" Texas wrapped her arms around New York and squeezed tightly.

"Aghhh! Let me go damnit!" New York barked as she felt her bones crack under her younger sister's grip.

"I see you two getting along swimmingly…." Brooklyn Yard chucked, watching the dreadnoughts act like true sisters, even for just meeting each other.

Late 1945.

 "I hate you."

New York polished her guns quietly as she listened to her sister talking blaringly to the others.

"I'm just glad this whole thing is done and dusted!" Texas yelled in her thick southern draw with a group of ship-girls cheering the war's end.

"I don't see what you're all so damn happy about?" New York snapped, still cleaning her guns.

"Ahhhhh come on sis! It's a great day! Don't be such a stick in the mud." Texas smirked and walked towards her sister.

"What about the rest of us huh? I don't think we're all going home to be museums." New York hissed wickedly as whispers started among the other ship-girls.

"My letter! You little rat! You've been going through my things!?" Texas gripped her sister's collar and yanked her off her bed. New York glared at her sister's hand then face.

"You wanna' lose that hand?" The gangster said coolly as the cow-girl pushed New York back.

"Pick 'em up smart-mouth." The blonde motioned to the guns on the bed.

"Don't tell me what to do damnit!" New York grabbed her guns and holstered them swiftly.

"Outside! Now!" The two sisters marched for the door as a large group of union girls followed them now.

"Going somewhere ladies?" Enterprise stood in the sisters' way, flanked by battleships Missouri and Wisconsin.

"Me and sis here have a few things that need sortin' out." Texas said shortly, lighting a cigarette.

"Yeah, and we don't need you and your goons getting in our way." New York sneered as she lit up too.

"What did you call us?!" Wisconsin stepped forward menacingly, her blue eyes flashing red.