Temper, Temper

Korea.

"So anyway I told my sis she shouldn't do that and she said..." The chatterbox destroyer U.S.S Buck or "Bucky" continued talking mindlessly behind the Iowa-class battleship Wisconsin as the two sailed through hostile waters.

"Do you ever shut up?" The stern girl interrupted Bucky's story, looking darkly over her shoulder.

"Sorry, I'm just a bit nervous." Buck smiled, rubbing the back of her head. 

"You're annoying, so just keep your mouth shut." Wisconsin ordered as the small destroyer pursed her lips shut in embarrassment.

Suddenly the loud whistling of enemy artillery came out of nowhere as one round struck Wisconsin on the side of the head.

The shell hit on her right cheek, knocking her glasses to the water as it struck downward and sliced open her undershirt and chest. 

The large girl came to a stop, a strange feeling overtaking her.

"A-Are you ok?" Buck asked meekly as Wisconsin stood completely silent, her blue eyes wide with surprise. 

"I've been hit?!"

"Whisky?" The destroyer tried to get an answer from the battleship girl.

"It hurts..." 

The dark-haired girl slowly leaned down and picked up her cracked glasses, red liquid dripping down Wisconsin's cheek to the water below.

"Blood? It's my blood!" 

Wisconsin gritted her teeth, her eyes turning a crimson red as she jerked her head to the coast, searching.

"There!" The battleship pointed her right index finger towards the shore as all of her 16" inch guns swung in it's direction.

Buck watched in awe as this was the first time she had seen a battleship in combat mode.

"Open fire!" Wisconsin yelled as every one of her guns went off at once. The sound was deafening as Buck covered her ears too late.

The shockwave pushed the destroyer back as well as someone grabbed her shoulders from behind.

"Oh boy is she mad." It was the U.S.S. Duncan, grinning ear to ear over Buck's shoulder.

Wisconsin's ears perked up hearing the shells explode in the distance, when something flashing caught the corner of her eye.

Turning, the large battleship saw two words blink on Duncan's searchlight.

"Temper, Temper."

Wisconsin buttoned up her coat and pulled a handkerchief from her pocket.

"Stop gawking and let's go." Wiping her cheek, the large battleship sailed away without another word.