Escaping Java

Mid March, 1942.

Java Sea.

"ABE! RUN AWAY!" Jan Van screamed to her sister in their native language, maneuvering wildly as Japanese shells slammed into her, sinking her instantly.

A lone Dutch minesweeper jerked awake from her nightmare, sweat pouring down her face.

HNLMS Abraham Crijnssen of the Dutch fleet sat quietly with her back against one of the many islands of the south pacific, wiping her wet hazel eyes.

That was 2 days ago, and with the allies in full retreat, it was a mad scramble to get to Australia.

Crijnssen was the last of the Dutch indie fleet as she waited for sunset before she slid through the dark seas to avoid Japanese detection.

The dark-haired girl was completely camouflaged from head to toe as her face and body were coated in mud.

"Everyone..." Abe's body was also covered with branches and foliage from nearby islands as she blended in perfectly with the natural landscape.

"Is gone...."

Suddenly the dutch girl heard Japanese voices on the air as she hugged the closest shore and held her breath.

{SNAP!}

A large branch snapped loudly on the cover of the Dutch girl being too close to the shoreline.

"What was that!?" A IJN girl called out to the night as her spotlight came on.

"What's wrong?" Another Japanese ship-girl's spotlight and voice joined the first as they both begin to look across the dark waters.

"I thought I heard something." The first IJN girl looked on with concern, her light shining across the Dutch girl's hidden face.

"Ahhhh Kawakaze, you're hearing things! Oooooooh I think I drank too much tea, I'm about to piss myself." The Japanese destroyer squatted over Crijnssen's face as the allied girl squeezed her eyes and mouth shut.

"Ahhhhhhh!" A hot stream of urine hit Abe in the face as she could do nothing, if she did not want to be discovered. It wouldn't have been so bad, but the Jap's piss stunk to high heaven.

{BOOM!}

An explosion went off in the distance as the waiting Japanese ship looked over and flashed her spotlight.

A spotlight flashed back as a Japanese transport had struck a mine, someone was in the area still and to be aware.

"Hurry up Yukikaze! She couldn't have gotten far, the Dutch are no better than the British! We got them running scared!" The Dutch girl remained silent, her face covered in stank piss as she laid there until the Japanese ship-girls sailed off.

"Hopefully this is the worst of it...."

March 20th...

Crijnssen sailed into an Australian port...

Alone and the last one to escape from the Java Sea....

"I'll avenge everyone, I swear it!"